Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC-HSN down 4 percent this quarter

I have brought items from QVC since 1995. Today price is high and quality is low.  I will not pay $60-70 for an average top. I can find a simple  top for $10 online.  It truly is a shame.

Contributor

I also agree!!  QVC has changed so much to the negative!  The shipping is insane, the return charges are terrible!  The time it takes to receive a purchase is terrible!  The time to get a credit is terrible!  Long time customer so I know how things used to be...

Offer what HSN offers, a choice of easy pay!  Not everyone wants 6 easy pays, allow more choices!  In summary, there are no deals at all or incentives for customers to stay, only to shop to the MANY places to feel more valuable, less charges and receive items FAST!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I find it amazing how knowledgable so many here are of QVC/HSN financial situation and business models.  You must have all had successful careers in the business world.

I was thinking they all must sit on the Qurate board of directors...LOL

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@TY wrote:

I doubt that Qurate's second quarter will be any better than the first. Not only can't QVC seem to fix their shipping problems - both to the customer and the returns from the customer - but now those additional tariffs on goods imported from China kick in which will raise the prices to those customers at all of Qurate's holdings including QVC, HSN, and Zulily.

@TY  I don’t mind putting up with higher prices for a while to sort out the tariff situation with China and other countries. America has been taken to the cleaners for so many years. It’s about time we got smart. The tariff situation will eventually sort itself out in our favor. The problem is QVC couldn’t handle pricing and shipping costs in the best of times. Unless they make major changes quick, QVC is in for a rocky ride.

@Ketra.  The International Monetary Fund says the only entity being affected by the tariffs is the American consumer.  It's costing the Chinese nothing at all.  They are probably laughing themselves silly that we could be so stupid.  Furthermore, if the tariff rate is increased, it'll cost the average American family over $2,000/year plus will affect our country's economic growth.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I find it amazing how knowledgable so many here are of QVC/HSN financial situation and business models.  You must have all had successful careers in the business world.

@CrazyDaisy.  The financial reports are published quarterly.  You too can read them and maybe sort of understand them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@CrazyDaisy.  The financial reports are published quarterly.  You too can read them and maybe sort of understand them.

Have an MBA and actually prepare and analyze financial statements for decades.  An entity this large would be much more complicated to analyze and require much more information than available to the general public.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

https://www.retaildive.com/news/new-tariffs-could-imperil-best-buy-dicks-and-bed-bath-beyond/555724/

This article from Retail Dive might shed some light on how U.S. tariffs on goods made in China will affect negatively the bottom line for many companies across the board.

Honored Contributor

With aces to the internet and google people can easily shop for the best deals.The winners will be the lowest priced shopping outlets so that requires minimum overhead.The q is a very expensive production that will not be able to compete with lowest price shopping.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

And don't forget the ever popular My Pillow!

Frequent Contributor

I agree. They need  new vendors. Too much Graver, LoGo, Josie and Denim & Co.to name a few.  Same thing over and over. Prices too high and shipping is a joke.