Honored Contributor

Re: QVC-HSN down 4 percent this quarter

I’m kind of boycotting HSN. I bought something and had easy pays on the item. Anyway I pay my bills the old fashioned way by mail. Well I never got a bill from them, the next month I got my bill with a $27 late fee penalty. I called HSN to see if they would waive the fee, since I never received the bill,  they wouldn’t. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I’m kind of boycotting HSN. I bought something and had easy pays on the item. Anyway I pay my bills the old fashioned way by mail. Well I never got a bill from them, the next month I got my bill with a $27 late fee penalty. I called HSN to see if they would waive the fee, since I never received the bill,  they wouldn’t. 

I would think you would call if you didn't receive your bill. You know you owe every.month on easy pays so you need to be proactive. Just keep track of when your payments are due and everything will work out.

Honored Contributor

And....I received an email from QVC this afternoon advising me of a shipping delay of the recent TSV chair/rocker thingy. Says it should now be here around June 5th.  Frustrated sigh. 

Just shaking my head.  I don’t know what they’ve changed in their shipping routine the last several months, but it’s not working. My guess is that this item is shipping directly from the manufacturer. 

It’s not the end of the world by any stretch but their shipping process certainly doesn’t run like a well oiled machine. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh
Your ideas are terrific! You may not be in marketing, but you should be!!!
A loyalty program...I'm in!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with what’s been written here already. It started my thinking about how much overhead QVC must have. Their online presence is just the beginning. When they started out years ago, QVC had no need to go online. Then they had to catch up. There are the studios and the staff that create presentations, a 24-7 TV network.  At first, like our local malls, they were the best new thing. That’s no longer true. In fact they’re falling behind. Reinvention isn’t easy but they must try...or die.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They also need to learn what the word “sale” really means. It doesn’t mean taking a $58 top and selling it for $54....especially when it is probably a $35 garment...and of course there is the shipping.....

Everyon is posting almost the exact same things as reasons QVC revenue has declined....if it is so clear to us, why doesn’t management see it?

Valued Contributor

@kaydee50 

keep in mind that there is "reported loss" and the real loss (aka 2 sets of books) <smile>

@kaydee50 wrote:

I would have thought the loss would have been more than 4%.

Valued Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

My take on this.  

1.  Prices are rising and I can get similar items somewhere else.

2.  Hosts spend more time promoting themselves than the product

3.  Shipping is high and THEY could use a shopping cart approah

4.  So called sales are not really sales as in AS IS or CLEARANCE

5.  Fewer choices and over and over offers of cosmetics to make you look younger (yeah right! - Snake Oil)

@bonnielu 

#2 on your list allows me to watch a whole lot of other things on tv.

i'm adding #6 to your list

online shoppers are way more savvy today then 10 years ago. many things that worked then, don't work so well now.

Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Perhaps they think they know more than the customers/former customers? 

Repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is not a good business strategy.

@Greeneyedlady21 

some would say, repeating the same thing over and over and expecting something different, is the definition of in___

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'While I'm here'..............

And keep in mind that I occasionally run across fashion and shoe shows on HSN.

I've noticed that,  sometimes, when the host requests the camera to zoom in on a shoe or clothing item, it remains at a distance.

Happened today.  The blonde host wanted us to see the yellow-gold shoe color option close up on her foot, and it just didn't happen.  Would have liked to have seen a close up.

At the end of the presentation, they reviewed the colors, not close-up.  Just from a distance.

Oh, well.  Worse things have happened..........

'No big thing', as they say.

Lots of long-range camera work. over there.

(Just from my occasional  observations, and I don't watch HSN as much as I watch QVC. 

So, I could have missed the close-up camera work.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).