Honored Contributor

@NEvans2 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 give CS another call. Everything in retail is computerized, they should be able to tell you what day they were used and even what was bought. I spent my whole life in retail and only retired 16 months ago so I'm not that far removed from what goes on in that business. There is a huge market for stolen gift cards and the card itself doesn't have to be stolen. Professional thieves now have devices that can scan the card and get the info off the back. Not sure if it also gets the pin. QVC gift cards are sold at grocery stores and other retail outlets, which makes it much easier to steal info. But you are right about having to use the pin # with purchase. Good luck!

@Annabellethecat66 

I agree with @NEvans2 

I had an emailed Q GC that I couldn't remember if I had used. (nothing to scratch off in an emailed gift card)

They were able to tell me EXACTLY which order it was used on.

Quite honestly, I would deal with the Mods.  They are much better trained it seems than C/S reps on the phone.

Honored Contributor

I understand that the OP does not care at this point...she probably does not 'need' the money, but if it were me I would have been on the phone until I was given an answer that was believable.....I never let this sort of thing go until I am satisfied....just my personality.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife  I already cut the @#$% up!  I don't want to think about it anymore.

My friend (the one who gave me the $75 one) and she said she's been holding onto the $100 one I gave her!  I told her she'd better use it and told her what happened with mine. 

@RespectLife wrote:

@NEvans2 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 give CS another call. Everything in retail is computerized, they should be able to tell you what day they were used and even what was bought. I spent my whole life in retail and only retired 16 months ago so I'm not that far removed from what goes on in that business. There is a huge market for stolen gift cards and the card itself doesn't have to be stolen. Professional thieves now have devices that can scan the card and get the info off the back. Not sure if it also gets the pin. QVC gift cards are sold at grocery stores and other retail outlets, which makes it much easier to steal info. But you are right about having to use the pin # with purchase. Good luck!

@Annabellethecat66 

I agree with @NEvans2 

I had an emailed Q GC that I couldn't remember if I had used. (nothing to scratch off in an emailed gift card)

Quite honestly, I would deal with the Mods.  They are much better trained it seems than C/S reps on the phone.

@RespectLife wrote:

@NEvans2 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 

I agree with @NEvans2 

Honored Contributor

UPDATE!  @RespectLife  I just got it out of the trash!  Yepper, I dug it out of the trash!

It was just in office trash (only a few papers).  So you guys think I should call QVC and ask them to track what?  I don't understand?

I told both QVC people in order to try to use it I had to pull off the piece of paper that covers both (well...all three) of the cards.

They weren't interested in helping me figure out how they could be used without giving out the pin number...that's why I cut them.  But they're together now.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

qvcsocialteam@qvc.com

great way to get in touch with the MODS>

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66Don't bother with customer service. They are limited in the scope of what they can do.

Call the Office of the President. They are awesome in rectifying these sorts of problems

The number I use is 1-484-701-1000

That is the corporate office. Might be a menu you have to pick from but customer care or something like that is in the choices.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Annabellethecat66...that stinks....I wonder if QVC can track the gift card via it's number?  I would certainly call and ask.

I would definitely call and ask.  Why should the family/friends who bought the cards have their money go to waste?  And why should the OP be deprived of what's rightfully hers?

I don't know what can or cannot be done, but for sure I would start with a phone call.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Gift Cards - UGH!

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I understand that the OP does not care at this point...she probably does not 'need' the money, but if it were me I would have been on the phone until I was given an answer that was believable.....I never let this sort of thing go until I am satisfied....just my personality.

It's my personality too.  If something goes wrong, I have to investigate and find out what happened.  I would definitely need an answer, and I would be pretty persistent about getting one.

So some of this, IMO, is about the money, but some of it isn't.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  - I agree with the suggestion of emailing the moderators (QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com).

Give them the card numbers and the amount each was for and ask for an investigation into how the cards could've been used and on what.

There is no way, if you received a physical card, that they should've been redeemed until you used them.  The only scam I know of is when people buy cards at a retail store and some crook has scratched off the cover over the PIN number, taken down the numbers, replaced the silver strip with something they buy online (!!!) and then put the card back on a display.

Sounds crazy, but it's being done a lot.  However, I wouldn't expect QVC gift cards to be sold anywhere but through QVC.  Maybe I'm wrong?

But the moderators will certainly be able to tell you, if that's the case.  And if QVC still insists the cards have been used, you are entitled to know on what and when.  The people who bought them for you, in good faith, should not have their money wasted.

Esteemed Contributor

If everything you stated is correct, then you have been duped. The only explanation would be duplicated gift cards. Your daughters bought those for you and you should not be deprived from using them. I would demand an explanation of who, what and when were the cards used. Something is very wrong and maybe you are not the only one being scammed. Do not give up until you accomplish your goals.Wish you the best of luck and success going forward.