Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Prepared to Change Plea

I think that people who premeditate a crime, and bribe other people to be complicit ,should be charged under the Rico act @dex . It is far worse than some ill addicted person taking food or drugs ,because they are in a bad place.

They engineered this over time ,and involved others too. This is the way racketeering starts. Other people will look at this and think they did it ,and got off practically scot free. I think I will give it a go too

Honored Contributor

We don't know what Lori and her husband will or will not do.  "Reported" just means someone is making something up.  We do know that the prosecution was prepared to file additional charges against the parents who did not plead guilty and several of them got the message and changed their pleas to guilty.  There's no way that Aunt Becky isn't going to prison fo  more than the 2 weeks that Huffman got. There was also a father who got something like 2 months in jail.  There's no chance of an acquital, perhaps if the trial were held in the LA area but not in Boston which isn't at all star struck.  Lori and her husband had the choice of a probable couple of months vs additonal charges and heaven only knows how long in prison.  

Esteemed Contributor

Devin Sloane: 4 months

Stephen Semprevivo: 4 months

Agustin Huneeus: 5 months (the longest sentence thus far.)

Respected Contributor

Reported by whom?

I thought the window had passed for them to take a plea.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

4 parents changed their pleas in the past few days.  The option always existed; there is no window.

Respected Contributor

CNN aired a special over the weekend about this very subject....perhaps Lori's team realizes how villified her family is viewed in the public eye. 

Did Lori plead not guilty  to help her "social influencer" daughter's career?  I am curious, did she forgive her parents and move back home?   

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Forums Report: Lori Prepared to Change Plea

I hate to see her go to prison but I feel she will get close to a year's time behind bars.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

two weeks of hard labor say cleaning Honey Buckets would be a much more fitting punishment for the crimemobile_product_cutout_right.png

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

They should get time doing good hard jobs! They are way too far removed from reality.They should need to realize that money doesn't buy everything! It certainly doesn't help with a moral code!! Makes me sad!

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I hate to see her go to prison but I feel she will get close to a year's time behind bars.

Why do you hate to see her go to prison?  That's exactly where she belongs, both her and her husband.  In their eyes, they're quite the special people and rules don't apply to them like they do to the 'little people.'  I hope the both of them sit in the slammer for a good long time.  But, of course they won't.