Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC - FREE S&H on EVERYTHING today - 10/25!

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise  You must be QVC's best shopper! I often see your comments of sale items combined with free S&H. Weren't you and your husband loosing a lot of weight a couple of years ago? No wonder you need so many new items! Or, are these Christmas gifts? WOW, you are so organized. Enjoy your new purchases. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

10% back from Top Cashback too

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Susan Louise  You must be QVC's best shopper! I often see your comments of sale items combined with free S&H. Weren't you and your husband loosing a lot of weight a couple of years ago? No wonder you need so many new items! Or, are these Christmas gifts? WOW, you are so organized. Enjoy your new purchases. Smiley Happy

@BirkiLady Why yes, I enjoy shopping at QVC. As for clothes, it is the ONLY retailer I buy clothes. The last time I bought a stitch of clothes anywhere else was at Coldwater Creek in the SouthPointe Pavilions/Mall in 2004. I've mentioned that on these forums several times over the years.

And yes, you are correct again. My husband and I have lost a lot of weight living a low carb/keto lifestyle. It has been fabulous and works for us and our health. It's a shame we didn't make the change sooner in our lives. My husband has reached his goal weight and I'm about 15 lbs away. We started the journey in September of 2018. 

Depending on the garment/brand, my wardrobe consists of sizes Small - Large...mainly in numerical size 12/Medium now and want to reach my goal of a size 10. I was in a size 8 most of my life til I began getting serious health issues...starting with lung cancer in 2004.

Organized? I don't know exactly what you are referring to...gift shopping?

Yes, I have bought a couple of Christmas gifts...how about you?

As for posting about deals/sales/etc...I'm not the only one on these forums that tries to be helpful to others on the forums. I'm happy and thankful some folks are kind enough to take the time to post and let me know once in awhile.

Hopefully that answers all your curiosities Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Good ploy to spend spend spend on stuff stuff stuff that you may or may not at all like. You may save $3.50 to get it but $7.00 to get rid of it. You're still losing money on the deal while they're still making money from you.

@PINKdogWOOD  I rarely return an item. When I do, it is usually because it is defective in some way so I get the S&H charges reimbursed.

When it's not defective, then sometimes it's to exchange an item for another color/size...so still no extra charge for S&H.

The few times that I return and neither case mentioned previous fits the circumstance, I just chalk it up to a minor loss of $. For the convenience of having an item delivered, not having to waste gas/time going to a store and then being able to have USPS come to my home to pick it up, I just can't complain.

We all have various ways we view shopping online/in a store and shop in our own unique way. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Give me low prices, a real sale (30% 40% 50% off) and free shipping, then I'll jump up and down with glee.

Until then, meh.

@Anonymous032819  ITA...who doesn't love a sale?!  Smiley Happy

I got lucky recently with teas (at the Celestial Seasonings website) and coffee k-cups (at BB&B) recently...great sale prices with the FREE S&H with both and posted about them for others.

As for QVC, when there is a FREE S&H day, I will go through my wishlist and see what is on sale/clearance/as is. It's a great system for me. I'm sure many others do the same. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise  Congratulations on the weight loss! Hope you both are feeling much, much better and your health has improved significantly. 

More people should be so organized with their shopping habits on QVC. You obviously know what brands you like and work for your livestyle . . . and how to get them at a really affordable cost. That takes time and patience many people don't have due to busy lives. Enjoy your purchases!  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Susan Louise  Congratulations on the weight loss! Hope you both are feeling much, much better and your health has improved significantly. 

More people should be so organized with their shopping habits on QVC. You obviously know what brands you like and work for your livestyle . . . and how to get them at a really affordable cost. That takes time and patience many people don't have due to busy lives. Enjoy your purchases!  

@BirkiLady  Thank you. Our health has improved greatly.

Most people are just as organized as you call it, who can find brands that work for their lifestyle, at an affordable cost.

There are millions of others who do the same. I'm certainly not by myself on knowing how to save money whenever possible. It's not rocket science and it really takes minimal time to put faves on a wishlist and check occassionally for when they are on sale. A majority of retailers allow for folks to have a faves/wishlist for that very reason.

Most times when QVC has a FREE S&H period, there are endless posters on these forums that have been unable to check their wishlists because the QVC site winds up with glitches with so much traffic. I'm sure you have read at least some of those posts/threads at one time or another.

So again, I'm in good company...lots of others do the same.

Don't you know what brands work for you and your lifestyle? I think you are older than me, right? I'm sure most folks knows what works for them and what doesn't with countless reviews across millions of products within endless retailers.

And, what makes you think I don't have a busy life just because I'm retired?

Respected Contributor

I stopped paying attention to these free shipping sales long ago.  The items I was interested in were always bumped up on their price.  I only care about the bottom line, so free ship or not, it has to be a deal.  I only purchase after I've done all the comparisons.  Every so often QVC is it.

Super Contributor

I got a set of vph angels for my daughter for Christmas at a slightly reduced price plus free ship, and a Kringle item I had been watching.  Spent 11.00 less in shipping and am glad I ordered both items.

My watch list is very slim at this point and anything else I buy will probably be for next year's birthdays.  I will be very surprised if there isn't another free ship day after Thanksgiving.