Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Debited my account today for 1 penny !!!!!

@Georgiagrama 

They did the same to me many yrs  ago  and guess what....

.It  was their fault. The person on their side red my check wrong!

Honored Contributor

@DrakesMomma wrote:

The interesting thing is it probably cost them more than a penny to do the transaction. 

That's true but the computer is programmed to write of that $.01 transaction.  In my job, we don't bill anyone for any balance that is under $5.00; the system writes it off as a "low balance" charge.  However, if someone is underpaid, we are required by law to pay so there are times that someone gets a check or a debit to the credit card for $1.00 or less.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@DrakesMomma wrote:

The interesting thing is it probably cost them more than a penny to do the transaction. 

That's true but the computer is programmed to write of that $.01 transaction.  In my job, we don't bill anyone for any balance that is under $5.00; the system writes it off as a "low balance" charge.  However, if someone is underpaid, we are required by law to pay so there are times that someone gets a check or a debit to the credit card for $1.00 or less.   

I agree that they were just trying to get the account to balance out, and it could have been due to human error.  I work for an international company that still uses the same bookkeeping software that they have used for 30 years, and the computer does not automatically write-off.  The payments are all manually processed. I know because i do posting. Could have been a keystroke error.  And I've done that before, too. 

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

If you owe a penny, you still owe it. If Q started ignoring stuff like this ,it would quickly mount up

I am responsible for what I owe ,and so is everyone else

@cherry   As I have responded to others who have posted something similar to you, I certainly am not trying to "cheat" QVC out of  a penny.  I also understand that if everyone owed them a penny, it could certainly add up.  I will try to explain to you, as I have others, that it was initially a shock to see a 1 cent debit .  I have never seen that before and, initially, I was peeved.  However, after thinking about it, and unfortunately posting about it, judging from some really curt posts, I thought it rather funny.  I can truthfully say that QVC keeps their books "to the penny."  

Have a wonderful week end!!!