Respected Contributor

QVC Debited my account today for 1 penny !!!!!

Could not believe it.  I paid off several easy pay's the other night. Apparently, one of the charges that I paid off  was 1 cent short. 

Showed up today in my checking account as a 1 penny debit Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Makes me want to pay off the others and move on from QVC completely.  ( I only do easy pay on clothing that I think may or may not fit - if they fit, I pay them off and keep the item, if not, I return the item.) 

Valued Contributor

Re: QVC Debited my account today for 1 penny !!!!!

pitiful qvc, pathetic they are

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure why you're upset...if you owe a penny then you pay it. I don't know what happened but it's taken care of now & that's a good thing.

Respected Contributor

That is strange because I thought the easy pays were already broken down into the monthly payments to be debited each month. Were your easy pays posting to your Qcard if so then I can now see how the full amount may have not been paid. I only charge the initial easy pay on the Qcard and then switch to my credit card.

Honored Contributor

Hey, if you owe a penny then you should have paid it. If they charged you one cent over you'd be screaming about it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Could not believe it.  I paid off several easy pay's the other night. Apparently, one of the charges that I paid off  was 1 cent short. 

Showed up today in my checking account as a 1 penny debit Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Makes me want to pay off the others and move on from QVC completely.  ( I only do easy pay on clothing that I think may or may not fit - if they fit, I pay them off and keep the item, if not, I return the item.) 

I understand why you would be dismayed. You think they could have wrote it off. It wouldn't be a problem. Makes you wonder what they're doing.

Honored Contributor

I had a issue with a return.  If I recall correctly, I was told I actually was refunded .03 (or some small amount) too much.  What?  Well, a few days later yup Q debited .03 from my account!

I guess those pennies add up when you are dealing with millions of "pennies".  

I got a .13 check from Synchrony Bank about 6 months ago for overpayment on tax.  Apparently, our outlets are in a 7% tax county bracket but customers were being taxed on the wrong "county" tax structure.  A citizen brought it to the attention of FL commission on tax...yup lots of people got these refunds I assume!  Big companies are always audited.

Honored Contributor

Computers don't  differentiate between specific amounts.  Software is usually written to debit negative balances, not specific amounts necessarily. 

Esteemed Contributor

Call them. They can probably eliminate the penny charge

for you.

Respected Contributor

Sounds petty, but it isn.t  The computer did it.  It probably cost them a lot more than one cent to process the transaction.  That said, if every purchase was short a penny, it would add up to a significant sum.