Honored Contributor

On the 28th I ordered 3 pairs of the D&C pants they have sold millions of.  Since I have lost many, many pounds, am trying to get some things I can wear on a daily basis.  That goes from undies, to jammies, to tops, and yes, the bottoms.....  Took advantage of buy 1 and get $3 off on the next ones.  

They have shipped, and yes, they arrived here in St. Louis, and will probably be delivered on Tuesday....since there will be no mail delivery on Monday.  

To me, this is pretty good service.

Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe, congratulations on the weight loss and enjoy your new clothes.  Thank you, also, for posting something positive about the Q.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Recently I purchased these pants in kaki.....and after they were laundered, they fit perfectly (petite).  So, when I ordered these 3 pairs, I got them in the same size as the kaki.  

Know they will have to be laundered before I can wear them.  That will give the lady upstairs from me that does my laundry now something to talk to me about.  She is so funny....keeping track of  the new things I have been purchasing.  She doesn't like to launder things I am giving away that I can no longer wear.  But I won't give anything to someone that hasn't been laundered.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMeMy congrats on your weight loss.  At the behest of a vascular surgeon, I lost weight over the last 2 years; my BP and cholesteral have both stabilized and I can walk a bit of distance without pain.  And, yes, I look better.  Wishing all that for you, too.  I thought those jeans looked good on the models.  Hope you like them on you as you move forward.  Let's stay healthy!

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@ShowMe, congratulations on the weight loss and enjoy your new clothes.  Thank you, also, for posting something positive about the Q.

Thank you, but the loss of weight has not been my choice......have been battling something I wish no one has to suffer.  Have gone from some 2X things down to some medium now......in 3 1/2 years of this battle.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC--D&C Purchase

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@ShowMeMy congrats on your weight loss.  At the behest of a vascular surgeon, I lost weight over the last 2 years; my BP and cholesteral have both stabilized and I can walk a bit of distance without pain.  And, yes, I look better.  Wishing all that for you, too.  I thought those jeans looked good on the models.  Hope you like them on you as you move forward.  Let's stay healthy!

My oncologist doesn't want me to keep losing weight....in fact he wants me to gain some now.  I have been trying, but sometimes it is hard to eat.  No appetite.  He is so funny.....when I told him I don't like looking in the mirror and seeing all the lose skin.....his comment to me was "quit looking in the mirror".....  All my vitals are good and he is happy with my blood work.

It is a good excuse to buy new clothes....but getting expensive at the same time.  

Honored Contributor

OOOOPPPPPSSSSS.....sorry I'm not supposed to talk about my health.  Have been scolded for that.

But, I can tell you that I will be watching the Cardinals and Reds game tonight and tomorrow.  May even make some popcorn that I ordered from the Q.  It is so delicious....and has lots of butter......which I can have plenty of.

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe, I have followed your journey here for the past 3 years and just wanted you to know how much I admire you. You are such a strong woman and in the face of adversity, you have rallied time and time again.

I am so happy that you ordered some new clothing to celebrate your weight loss and I hope that things will be in remission for years to come. I always keep you and Preds in my prayers because like yourselves, I have had a rough time the past few years health wise. Reading about both of you and your incredible amount of strength has helped me to stay the course recovering from two heart attacks in the past two years. And also as a cancer survivor of 28 years, I very much understand the ups and downs of dealing with an illness that can be difficult to say the least.

I hope you continue to update when you are able how you are doing.

Spoiler
Heart

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ShowMe, I have followed your journey here for the past 3 years and just wanted you to know how much I admire you. You are such a strong woman and in the face of adversity, you have rallied time and time again.

I am so happy that you ordered some new clothing to celebrate your weight loss and I hope that things will be in remission for years to come. I always keep you and Preds in my prayers because like yourselves, I have had a rough time the past few years health wise. Reading about both of you and your incredible amount of strength has helped me to stay the course recovering from two heart attacks in the past two years. And also as a cancer survivor of 28 years, I very much understand the ups and downs of dealing with an illness that can be difficult to say the least.

Spoiler
Heart

@Trinity11.....thanks for the sweet message.  Know you have had your share of problems too.  We have to stay strong.....and have the faith that all will be ok.  

As for now, I am ok......Don't know what lies ahead for me.  Have my next oncologist appointment 10/22.  The Thursday before that I have my 10th PET scan prior to that.  But before all that, on 9/13, I have an appointment with the radiology doctor....this is in follow up to the radiation treatments I had.  After these 2 appointments with the docs, will know what they will have planned for me.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Spoiler
Heart

@Trinity11.....thanks for the sweet message.  Know you have had your share of problems too.  We have to stay strong.....and have the faith that all will be ok.  

As for now, I am ok......Don't know what lies ahead for me.  Have my next oncologist appointment 10/22.  The Thursday before that I have my 10th PET scan prior to that.  But before all that, on 9/13, I have an appointment with the radiology doctor....this is in follow up to the radiation treatments I had.  After these 2 appointments with the docs, will know what they will have planned for me.  

@ShowMe... I will continue to pray for you. I hope that you can get through these tedious and difficult doctor visits. Sometimes it almost seems like we need a few days just to recover from the visits... let alone the illness.

@I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend and keep your chin up. Thank you for being you. I realized that I had never told you how much you have impacted my life in that I have never known anyone in the real world that has fought as hard as you have to get well. Sometimes it can be a lonely journey ...nice to meet someone like yourself and @Preds as well.