Super Contributor

Re: QVC - Calif Fire - No Aid Banner?

Wow,  thats really a cold way to respond Hopi, if you  cant afford to help dont, but dont discourage those that voluntarily want to ...we all KNOW this is a shopping channel and they are the ones that decided to promote giving, not the customers. This is about the selection process.

Super Contributor

I think this element of horror is just possibly the reason it is making it hard to address. Myself, I live in the Heartland, but I have been up all week long into the wee hours of the  night following the events annnd accounts. I literally feel a pit of sickwess in my stomach. I want to just get in my car and go help, it is a very emotional thing and I hope it   brings CA into a new age of  something good and better like love and sharing. We will see, but I think it is the begining of the end sometimes.

Super Contributor

Thank you Ms tradition for doing this, you are not alone in your compassion. I have specifically been looking for something from the Q to see what manner of participation they are sponsoring, AS IN TIMES PAST.  I  see this as even worse than the hurricanes.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

“..stink eye...’

‘...comments..’?

How have I lived 58 years without this happening to me?

Have a feeling these are ‘assumed’ reactions. 

@sidsmom  Since you're quoting what I wrote, I will address it.

At Walmart, at CVS, at Walgreens, when I have said no to donating a dollar to whatever they're pitching at the time of checkout, I have said no. Occasionally (not always and I didn't say always either in my post), I've been looked at and given the "look". You know exactly what I'm talking about. In a few cases I've been asked "are you sure?".

Panda Express rings a bell after you're asked to donate a dollar to whatever it is at that time. I say no. I've been asked "are you sure? It's for a good cause". I've responding with "yes, I'm sure" and a smile because I'm not 100% sure what will happen to them if I ask to speak to a manager.

Costco is where I've run into rude people. In my location, it's for the Childrens' Hospital via John Hopkins. Nope, not giving you any money. I've heard from the cashier "It's only a dollar". That isn't the point but still, smile and say no. However, there have been a few times when a customer has referred to me as "selfish" or "how sad" or "she must not like children". That last comment did cause a scene because I turned to the customer and made it known she was a twit.

Personally, I hate this. I hate that employees are forced to do this (just like asking if you want a CC to their store). If you report it, chances are the employee is only doing what they're told. Maybe not. Don't know, don't care. But just because it hasn't happened to you, in front of you or to anyone you know does not mean it doesn't happen. 

Anything else I need to make clear?

Definitely reading a.l.o.t more into the cashier’s ‘are you sure?’

I’ve said ‘no’ numerous times; never a ‘stink eye’ to be found.

I truly believe the energy one puts out is the energy one gets back.

And I have never, in my history of ever, had anyone say anything

to me.  Again...energy.

All these negative reactions say more about the receiver 

than about anyone else.

And no...cashiers don’t give a rat’s patooty if someone says 

yes or no when asked for a donation. 

I'm not so sure about that.  I know at least some stores have competitions to see which locations can raise the most amount of money for whatever cause.   I am not saying all stores, I don't know that, but I do know of some stores that do.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congrats Ms. Tradition ... the banner is now up~!   I heard on the news that no insurance co. can payout the $6 billion that the loss is estimated, and is rising.    Certainly our fed. gov. will aid in this.  Also, the person who said 'this is a shopping channel' was heartless -- so many here care about the welfare of others -- I do not come here to "shop", but to connect with those in need.

Thank you~!

Valued Contributor

@ms traditional  I just saw one at the top og QVC and bottom of HSN. I'm using safari on my laptop. I couldn't enter sweepstakes today. They have been having problems.It might have been there or should have been.

Respected Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@ms traditional  I just saw one at the top og QVC and bottom of HSN. I'm using safari on my laptop. I couldn't enter sweepstakes today. They have been having problems.It might have been there or should have been.

@wildlifewitch thanks.  actually this thread was started 11/14, several days ago, when there was not a hint of a comment or a banner.  - if you follow the thread through you'll see a day later the banner went up.