Honored Contributor

Re: QVC - Calif Fire - No Aid Banner?

@ms traditional wrote:

we are a week into devastation of the Northern and Southern California fires - and yet i have not seen a QVC banner directing donations to Red Cross or whatever.  hundreds of thousands were displaced in So Cal alone.  people were stripped of everything up in Paradise area.   not everyone here is a movie star living in Malibu.

i guess i am just surprised at apparent lack of concern when it is always so quick to appear for hurricanes, etc in the East.

or maybe i have missed it?

@ms traditional.  Believe me but there is no lack of concern for these horrible events on the east coast. At least from my area. Although I have read some disturbing things about it in the past few days from other areas.

The loss of life both human and animal is almost to horrific to comprehend. There are many collections going around organized clubs in this area.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   so good to know. 

i surely didn't mean to imply that people in the East were not concerned - just found it weird that when we have big disasters (hurricanes, etc)  usually the message goes up from the Q pretty quickly.  wondered why i hadn't seen one for this huge one.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional.  I agree. For all disasters, not just some.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Sandra Bullock has donated a hundred thousand towards help for all the animals.

In addition to Bullock, fellow actress and longtime Malibu resident Victoria Principal’s foundation, The Victoria Principal Foundation For Thoughtful Existence, has donated funds to several different organizations to help provide shelter, hydration and food to people and animals affected by the fires.

As of Tuesday, Principal’s foundation had donated $100,000 to the Red Cross for fire victims, $20,000 to the Humane Society for animal victims of the fires, $20,000 to the Boys & Girls Club of Malibu and $20,000 to the Los Angeles Fireman’s fund to provide hydration and backpacks for the firefighters fighting the Woolsey Fires.

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover.  Yes, it's wonderful that so many of the famous ones are donating and helping in this horrible time of need. It is not just one or two.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@MorningLover.  Yes, it's wonderful that so many of the famous ones are donating and helping in this horrible time of need. It is not just one or two.

i agree.  because this area of SoCal does have its problems (!)  and there are ranches on the outskirts of the city (horse country), there are major animal evacuation procedures and shelters in place at Pierce, Griffith Park Equestrian Center, to name a few.  horse trailers on the road is a common occurrence -  which one maybe wouldn't expect in a major city.  but this is the West.

Regular Contributor

Fires like this are horrifying for all of those poor people and animals.
Words can not begin to speak of these horrors!
Valued Contributor

e10c89f4db960fd738754ea913537314.jpg

Honored Contributor

People don't know to donate unless QVC has a banner across the homepage?

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

People don't know to donate unless QVC has a banner across the homepage?

@Lipstickdiva.  That wasn't her point. Do it for all or do it for none.