Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Buys HSN

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty much done with both of them so for the most part, I don't really care if Liberty owns them both. On the other hand, just in principle it seems unfortunate. What would be really unfortunate is if Liberty decides to let the QVC brass have at it with HSN... you know, looking at the hotter than hot mess they've made of QVC. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Buys HSN

[ Edited ]

Many posters keep using the word merger but that's not what has been announced.

Liberty Interactive owns QVC and already owned 38% of HSN. Now they bought the remaining 62% of HSN. The articles that are linked in other threads have said they would continue to operate as 2 separate entities.  This isn't a merger.

I've also read a number of articles about this and nowhere does it say this has to be approved. The articles are reading like this is going to be a done deal.  It just has to go through a closing. 

Honored Contributor

@koolmimi29 wrote:

The rich  just get richer......... all about the money

This is not exactly news.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

What would be really unfortunate is if Liberty decides to let the QVC brass have at it with HSN... you know, looking at the hotter than hot mess they've made of QVC. 

Was waiting for your OP stevieb.  ITA.

Respected Contributor

I guess they wanted to buy it before Bozo I mean Bezo bought it. I agree that they will have a wonky website and logo now, whoppee. 

Esteemed Contributor

My first thought was,

Won't @JONNYSBRO be dee-lighted at all the potential for host swapping between QVC and HSN?

I checked in QTalk and he/she's already posting about it

Personally I don't care for HSN in general. 

I've seen this kind of thing happen in business, and after a while the one that was better goes downhill in many ways, but the one that was worse never gets any better for all the improvement ideas and money that's thrown at them.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Preds wrote:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- QVC's corporate owner is buying longtime rival Home Shopping Network for 105 million easy payments of $19.99.

Was it the Today's Special Value... or just a Hot Pick...

I think it was the "As Is", but I didn't double check @stevieb.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

There are a few things I wanted to buy at HSN.  Maybe I'd better get on that before their shipping practices are ruined.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Many posters keep using the word merger but that's not what has been announced.

Liberty Interactive owns QVC and already owned 38% of HSN. Now they bought the remaining 62% of HSN. The articles that are linked in other threads have said they would continue to operate as 2 separate entities.  This isn't a merger.

I've also read a number of articles about this and nowhere does it say this has to be approved. The articles are reading like this is going to be a done deal.  It just has to go through a closing

@Lipstickdiva, this is an excerpt from an article at https://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Liberty+Interctive+%28LVNTA%29+to+Acquire+Remaining+Sha...

The acquisition of HSNi is expected to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2017. The completion of the acquisition is subject to certain customary conditions, including (i) the receipt of requisite regulatory approvals, including approval from the Federal Communications Commission and the expiration or termination of the applicable waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act and (ii) approval by a majority of the outstanding voting power of HSNi shareholders. A voting agreement has been obtained from Liberty Interactive to vote its HSNi shares in-favor of the transaction. Approval of the Liberty Interactive stockholders is not required, and is not being sought, for the HSNi acquisition. Upon closing, the Liberty Interactive Board of Directors will be expanded by one to include a director from the HSNi Board of Directors; this director will be selected by Liberty Interactive.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

I am afraid this will put an end to the great prices, free shipping, and discount codes, which I greatly appreciate. 

@catwhisperer

For QVC or HSN?????    For QVC it might provide them an opportunity to get some NEW products!