Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,525
Registered: ‎07-11-2010

I am afraid this will put an end to the great prices, free shipping, and discount codes, which I greatly appreciate. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Super Contributor
Posts: 388
Registered: ‎07-18-2013

@Marp wrote:

The parent company of QVC has agreed to buy rival Home Shopping Network for $2.1 billion in stock. Liberty Interactive Corp. already owns 38 percent of HSNi and the deal announced Thursday includes the remaining 62 percent.

HSN shareholders will receive 1.65 shares of QVC’s stock for each share of HSN. Being that HSN’s stock closed Wednesday at $40.36, the deal price is equivalent to a 29 percent premium.

 

Liberty said the acquisition would have various benefits, including increased scale and competitive position for QVC, “meaningful synergies through cost reduction and revenue growth opportunities,” optimized programming across five U.S. networks and “cross marketing to better engage existing and potential customers.”

Liberty Interactive President and CEO Greg Maffei said in a statement that the two home shopping networks combined each year to produce over 55,000 hours of shoppable video content. He said the value of QVC, HSNi and zulily, the Seattle-based e-commerce company Liberty bought in August 2015 for $2.6 billion, will be enhanced further later this year when QVC Group becomes an asset-backed stock as part of the previously announced split-off of Liberty Ventures.

 

More at bizjournals.com


Interesting, I knew qvc bought Zulily ( which I don't order from ); now HSN ( don't shop much there either ); wow, seems like they're becoming a monopoly.. Just like Amazon buying Whole Foods.. I understand times have changed; but what about competition.. Years ago they broke up AT&T to encourage competition... 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,612
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@catwhisperer wrote:

I am afraid this will put an end to the great prices, free shipping, and discount codes, which I greatly appreciate. 


Yep, but more empty boxes received in the consumers home.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,479
Registered: ‎11-01-2010

Re: QVC Buys HSN

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer wrote:

NO!!!!!!! 


@catwhisperer

 

My thought, too. They better not mess up all the good deals at HSN. 

Super Contributor
Posts: 283
Registered: ‎03-22-2015

I guess this means HSN will stop having actual clearance sales and will stop sending coupons. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,525
Registered: ‎07-11-2010

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

I am afraid this will put an end to the great prices, free shipping, and discount codes, which I greatly appreciate. 


Yep, but more empty boxes received in the consumers home.


@beckyb1012...I have never received an empty box, but have read where some posters have. Cat Surprised

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,041
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Very interesting.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,905
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

wow, will have to wait to see what happens now.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,041
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Dear QVC, 

 

Great move buying HSN.  Now your next great move should be OFFERING FREE SHIPPING LIKE EVERY OTHER COMPANY ON THE PLANET.  And maybe --- just maybe -- not taking 8,000 days to process an order.  Mmmmk?  Thanks.

 

Sincerely, 

A frustrated consumer who loves buying beauty products at QVC, but doesn't any longer because of your shipping prices and problems.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,409
Registered: ‎05-15-2014

Jeez!  I hope the HSN hosts don't start disappearing!!!  LOL