Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

QVC did NOT buy HSN. There is NO MERGER. 

@willdob3, Techinically Liberty Interactive Corp owns QVC and they are the ones buying out the remaining portion of HSNI.  But technically HSNI will now become part of Liberty's QVC group so that essentially QVC does acquire HSN.  

From Liberty Interactive's website:  "We are excited to announce the acquisition of HSNi. The addition of HSN will enhance QVC's position as the leading global video eCommerce retailer. Every year they together produce over 55,000 hours of shoppable video content and have strong positions on multiple linear channels and OTT platforms," said Greg Maffei, Liberty Interactive President and CEO. "The value of the combined QVC, HSNi and zulily will be further highlighted when later this year QVC Group becomes an asset-backed stock as part of the previously announced split-off of Liberty Ventures."  

For those that are interested in reading more, here is the link to their announcement:  

http://ir.libertyinteractive.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1032273

For people that don't like links, one can google Liberty Interactive and find the information.

I just happened to turn on CNBC yesterday when they were covering this and also saw the interview with Mike George.  Here is the video of that discussion for anyone interested:

http://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/07/06/qvc-ceos-mike-george-why-now-was-the-time-to-join-forces-with-h...

@pitdakota

I understand what you are posting BUT I disagree with your assumption & stand by what I said. QVC did not purchase HSN. They are not merging. 

Respected Contributor

@willdob3, I am not sure they are technically merging either.  But the QVC group will own HSN.  The interview Mike George seemed to imply they would be keeping the 2 separate, but then again he mentions aligning some aspects so I guess it will be a wait and see what happens game.  lol

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Bad news for delivery. I get stuff fast from HSN guess that's over now.

Course, they're based in Florida not PA. All your bad weather is in N.E.

Lot less problems in Florida to Tx.

I live IN Pa and HSN is still faster!!

@nun ya wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Bad news for delivery. I get stuff fast from HSN guess that's over now.

Course, they're based in Florida not PA. All your bad weather is in N.E.

Lot less problems in Florida to Tx.

I live IN Pa and HSN is still faster!!

That's pretty darn sad.

Contributor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love HSN that is wwre i buy most of my jewerly.  this is so sad.  

What about Jay King and Ncki bulter and Inperal perars.  

well at least i can save some money.

Respected Contributor

Raises a whole host of questions:

Will the 2 channels remain separate or will there be just 1?

Will QVC remain in PA or will it move to the HSN buildings in Florida where the cost of doing business is much lower?

What happens to all the QVC Hosts and the HSN Hosts?  If separate channels remain, I guess the hosts stay where they are.  If there's just 1 channel, who goes and who stays?

Will this merger be a smooth transition or will it be an ugly result like the merger of the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central Railroad?

Esteemed Contributor

So much fun now there will be over 5 channels, make that six and Comcast only shows some of them in our area.  As long as they don't take my precious forum away I am good to go.  I rarely watch live shopping network anyway. 

Honored Contributor

My QVC order of a Jim Shore Christmas piece for my daughter was ordered June 21.

It was delivered yesterday, July 6.  Not back ordered, waitlist or anything like that.  It took QVC six days to even pack it.

Super Contributor

@Mellie32 8,000 days!  You are too funny!  I do agree with you that they do take a long time to ship out.  One of my orders was due to arrive within about 3 days and it had not even shipped.  My first order for the year with QVC was 3 weeks ago.  I will probably order again in November/December.  There is nothing to moviate me to shop here anymore.  My go to places are companies that offer free shipping and/or coupons and great sales prices and clearance prices.

Contributor

I love hsn so much better then qvc!!!! I just read it online that they are buying out my favorite home shopping network! horrible hsn is soooo perfect just they way they are I can't imagine it being just like qvc I would hate it!!! I like qvc but I love hsn they are sooooo much better. HSN IS THE BEST! It is my favorite shopping network the q is just a thought for me when nothing else is on HSN. The prices are better and I am loving the hosts and this birthday celebration was phenomenal nothing like QVC's dud of a birthday!

Contributor

I agree totally I purchase a lot more jewelry from HSN and they are just the BEST! I don't need the hum drum of the Q to dirty up HSN. I wish HSN was buying out the Q then I could celebrate! I am not a fan of QVC and their prices or presentations or hosts!