Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Does HSN have Blogs and Forums? Will they be merged and we'll inherit some new "friends"? 😜

The HSN boards are terrible- you can wait days to get a reply .... Woman Frustrated The community guidelines are also micro-managed much more than here. 

Honored Contributor

Both are super slow shipping to me so I'm not expecting anything to change on that front. I can HOPE it would, for the better, but I don't see how it would. When QVC opened up the west coast distribution center I thought for sure I'd get my orders faster but it has never happened. Of course I only pretty much buy WEN from QVC so maybe they just don't ship out at all from the west coast, which is odd since WEN is based in L.A. so it seems like it should. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Buys HSN

[ Edited ]

@ILoveFragrance wrote:

I think they just bought out their competition and I don't think HSN will be around long.

This is often the intent with a purchase like this-- buying out the competitor.

Esteemed Contributor

Stopped watching home shopping networks several years ago.  Actually after retiring in 2000 I found I didn't have the need to shop with them any longer.  Joy Mangano went over to HSN?  Wow, that is a shocker, after all it was QVC that got her started but she is a smart business woman and must have had a darn good reason to make the move.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I actually like HSN for more of their products than the Q.  Maybe things will be more appealing. 

Hey, whatever happened to Budget Bob and Carmella?  Anyone know.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

as long as they keep Colleen Lopez. One classy gal. Taste & class.

All the young squirts should be trained under her they could learn elegance and grace.

Get rid of the juvenile acting hosts they could find work at Disneyworld.

Honored Contributor

QVC did NOT buy HSN. There is NO MERGER. 

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

QVC did NOT buy HSN. There is NO MERGER. 

@willdob3, Techinically Liberty Interactive Corp owns QVC and they are the ones buying out the remaining portion of HSNI.  But technically HSNI will now become part of Liberty's QVC group so that essentially QVC does acquire HSN.  

From Liberty Interactive's website:  "We are excited to announce the acquisition of HSNi. The addition of HSN will enhance QVC's position as the leading global video eCommerce retailer. Every year they together produce over 55,000 hours of shoppable video content and have strong positions on multiple linear channels and OTT platforms," said Greg Maffei, Liberty Interactive President and CEO. "The value of the combined QVC, HSNi and zulily will be further highlighted when later this year QVC Group becomes an asset-backed stock as part of the previously announced split-off of Liberty Ventures."  

For those that are interested in reading more, here is the link to their announcement:  

http://ir.libertyinteractive.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1032273

For people that don't like links, one can google Liberty Interactive and find the information.

I just happened to turn on CNBC yesterday when they were covering this and also saw the interview with Mike George.  Here is the video of that discussion for anyone interested:

http://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/07/06/qvc-ceos-mike-george-why-now-was-the-time-to-join-forces-with-h...

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Wow, I don't do a lot of shopping anymore but I do enjoy watching many shows on HSN as opposed to QVC.  Whatever happened to anti-trust laws?

For me, this is a bummer.

@momtochloe

it is not necessarily a done deal yet. they had tried this before, i believe and the FTC nixed it........ we have to wait and see if they will allow it to go through this time.

Hi @sunshine45!   I just happened to be watching CNBC yesterday when they were covering this.  The analysts were saying they didn't think any anti-trust situation would come up to jeopardize the deal.  Their particular points were: the large market that Amazon currently has and this acquistion allows them to compete with Amazon, the current business environment from policy makers favors big business and doesn't support anti-trust actions, and that the FTC is missing many key positions that haven't yet been filled.

Just reporting what they were saying.  They may not know squat, lol

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- QVC's corporate owner is buying longtime rival Home Shopping Network for 105 million easy payments of $19.99.

@Preds, this is priceless!  LOL!  Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL