Super Contributor

Re: QVC Advertising "Over 50 and Fabulous" on Local Radio

I have no interest in this. I just want to shop the app when there are good deals.
Trusted Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@kze wrote:

@Northray 

Weather girl?  Don't you mean meteorologist or did one of the hosts do the weather without a meteorology degree?

@kze 

Many, many people who report the weather on TV do not hold a degree in meteorology. 

@magicmoodz 

I'm sorry I didn't clarify.  I wanted to know which host used to be a weather girl because I can't think of one?  Sometimes my brain is mush.

Esteemed Contributor

@threecees wrote:

FB_IMG_1713924512954.jpg

Anyone recognise clothing sold on QVC?  Just wondering.  

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian

Someone should tell this woman...One doesn't have to wait until 50 to be "honest."

What an odd comment.

Regular Contributor

I think QVC missed this opportunity: Why are they using younger models instead of models 50+. THINK !!
Honored Contributor

After seeing them in that Facebook photo this whole "Over 50" thing reminds me of when they started the new sizing.  Now we have all those xxxxxxxxxxsmalls so that none of them wear a medium or mercy forbide and xxlarge.  Your life at whatever age or size is what you choose to make of it.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

After seeing them in that Facebook photo this whole "Over 50" thing reminds me of when they started the new sizing.  Now we have all those xxxxxxxxxxsmalls so that none of them wear a medium or mercy forbide and xxlarge.  Your life at whatever age or size is what you choose to make of it.  

I am reminded of the mumus that state one size fits most.

Esteemed Contributor

@kze wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@kze wrote:

@Northray 

Weather girl?  Don't you mean meteorologist or did one of the hosts do the weather without a meteorology degree?

@kze 

Many, many people who report the weather on TV do not hold a degree in meteorology. 

@magicmoodz 

I'm sorry I didn't clarify.  I wanted to know which host used to be a weather girl because I can't think of one?  Sometimes my brain is mush.

@kze 

Oh, gotcha! Thanks for clarifying! 🌷

Super Contributor

Yes we will be spending higher prices for this, and for the same old

styles.   Have not seen anything new that I am interested in.... 

Respected Contributor

@KG60 wrote:

@Still Raining 

The male population has been alienated for as long as I can remember on the Q. An occasional pair of sneakers, or a random shirt for men and the occasional "tool" or garden hose. They are hemorrhaging money but have chosen to NOT sell to men! There are so many missed opportunities here, where to even begin! Fishing, camping, golfing, tennis, pickleball, clothing, rain gear, boots and shoes, wildlife art, skin care. Infinite, fresh, NEW possibilities and they don't seem interested. They sell the same old items over and over on TV, with new shows on the weekends and reruns all week long. Smh.

Selling to men is a missed opportunity? Men don't shop, and they don't watch shopping channels. Most men.