Honored Contributor

Re: QVC ACCOUNT ALERT-UNABLE TO SIGN OUT!

@sunshine45 -

I was just going to try that.

Tried it.

No, It didn't change anything.

It never does here because the problem is never with our devices but with QVC's "glitches"

I'll just not do anything and wait.. wait.. and someday it will be fixed just like it stopped working.

Alice has said she will forward to the it dept and let me know.

I'm not sure this IT dept here will know what to do, since they don't seem to know how to stop all these "glitches" from happening in the first place.

I guess not being able to sign out is a lesser problem then having mistaken charges like others have been having.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP is correct.  I am on an IPAd Air using Safari.  Signed out of forum.  Shut down Safari.  Opened Safari.  My account info is open.  There is no Signout of Account Button.   I can make a purchase without entering my id and password.  What is going on??

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Just signed out in the usual way -  clicked on My Account and scrolled to the bottom of the list.  Apparently it worked because I had to re-enter my email to get back into the Forum.

@millieshops 

That's weird, I went from the forums to my account, signed out of my account, then came back here and I'm still signed in here.

@KingstonsMom 

there is a different way to sign out of the forums than there is to sign out of your qvc account.

sign out of your forums account via your user name.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Just signed out in the usual way -  clicked on My Account and scrolled to the bottom of the list.  Apparently it worked because I had to re-enter my email to get back into the Forum.

@millieshops 

That's weird, I went from the forums to my account, signed out of my account, then came back here and I'm still signed in here.

@KingstonsMom 

there is a different way to sign out of the forums than there is to sign out of your qvc account.

sign out of your forums account via your user name.

@sunshine45 

I was referring to @millieshops  post that after she signed out of her account, she had to sign in again on the forums, whereas I did not.

After logging out of my account, I returned to the forums and was still signed in.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@sunshine45 -

I was just going to try that.

Tried it.

No, It didn't change anything.

It never does here because the problem is never with our devices but with QVC's "glitches"

I'll just not do anything and wait.. wait.. and someday it will be fixed just like it stopped working.

Alice has said she will forward to the it dept and let me know.

I'm not sure this IT dept here will know what to do, since they don't seem to know how to stop all these "glitches" from happening in the first place.

I guess not being able to sign out is a lesser problem then having mistaken charges like others have been having.

@on the bay 

Except for the fact that your info with QVC is still on the web and possibly vulnerable to a plethora of hackers.

Mistaken charges can always be rectified easily, having your financial info listed here hacked, not so much.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I think for some it is messed up and for others it's not, so fixing things on our end will not help.

The "glitch" team will just have to figure it out.

Really frustrating.

But it is good? to know it's not just me.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom -

That's true! That is why I always like to sign out of my account that somehow automatically signs me in when I sign into the forums😑

Respected Contributor

Ok this is what is going on with an Ipad Air 2 current OS.  In Safari the account info stays open with the cookies unblocked in settings.  You cannot close your account.  No way no how.  However, if you block cookies you cannot open your account or the forum for that matter.  It takes your email and then hangs.  So what i see is that QVC is forcing account info to stay open by requiring its cookies.  I don't like it.  If someone hacked into my ipad they could make all kind of purchases and select bill to ship to addresses.  Mods whoever you are today this needs to be remedied pronto by the cracker jack IT folks.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

It does for me too and has for a while!

If I go the to forums first and sign in, it automatically signs me in to my account.

It didn't use to be that way, you had to sign in to the forums and sign in to your account separately.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom -

For me that has been for a long time

Signed into the forums and account automatically signed in).

But today is the first day I cannot sign out of the account.

Crazy huh?!