Super Contributor

I'm just wondering if any one of you would have any information on how to contact the person who had this wooden bear in the 50/50 tour back in 1995?

The bear has been stored in the box but inside my home and I haven't displayed it in a long time. Now the arms and legs have fallen off due to what ever was used to connect them has gotten old. Dont' know if it was rubber bands or something else.

L32138

This handcarved jointed 9" bear is wearing a carved santa hat in red with a white pom pom and white trim. The bear is holding a green Christmas tree. Carved from pine, you can see the tooling marks all over the bear. A great gift for the teddy bear collector or to add to any collection of Christmas decorations. Can be sitting or standing. Measurements: 9" tall. Made in Pennsylvania. Winner of the 1995 50/50 tour.

bear1.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC 50/50 tour back in 1995

Bet a doll repair place could easily fix this.

Trusted Contributor

@crazy4bears    I remember Boyd's Bears brand, but don't know if that's your particular bear. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

There is a wooden bear just like this listed on eBay and it says the manufacturer is The Park Wood Carving Company.   When I tried to google that name, nothing comes up.  Maybe it is out of business?

Honored Contributor

I have a an older doll whose arms and legs are loose, I believe there are rubber bands holding them together that are now falling off.  Unfortunately the doll repair in my area is closed.  If I really want to fix her, I'll have to look for someone about an hour away.

Esteemed Contributor

It probably isn't Boyds Bears because they stamped "Boyds Bears on the paw of every plush and on the bottom of the items made of hard material.  I still have a few Boyds and I double-checked this, and yup, every piece is marked Boyds Bears & Friends. 

Super Contributor

No it's not a Boyds Bears as I have lots of them. This was handmade. My husband and I did do the rubber bands and at least got them attached but they aren't tight. It was really hard. It will work for now as I can display it. 

Thanks all!