Respected Contributor

I just received an Emailed fraud alert from my credit card company.  They are questioning a 1¢ charge from QVC, and now, so am I.

I did just recently edit my PayPal account, removed one card and added another as the new primary card.  Is this little charge a test?  Has anyone else experienced this?   

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Re: QVC 1¢ charge on PayPal

I'd call PPal & ask them. That way you don't have to wonder.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG   My guess would be that it was a test just to see if you have a legitimate account

Haven't seen any of you delicious meal descriptions and recipes lately.  Have you quit cooking?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did you buy something from Q & use your Paypal Account?

Could be trying to validat your account with Payal.

Call Paypal & ask them. If you login to your account & go to their contact page to call us it will come up with their phone number plus a code for you to enter when you call so they know it's you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsGI'd call maybe Paypal, maybe QVC, maybe my creditcard fraud department.  Could be a hacker testing to see if this is a legit accout.

I wouldn't assume it's QVC unless somewhere QVC posted the charge or tells you they run tests on new cards - that's something I've nevwer had happen here.

I can tell you that when I change my address online with the PO, there's a $1 charge which I think is a way of their knowing the address on the account and the address on the card matches.  Small price to pay to help stave off hackers.

ETA   whoops I missed a line in your first post!  Call QVC or Paypal.

Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG. You should look up on the Frequently Asked Questions on the Paypal website.  My recollection is when you set up a new card/pay method Paypal does do a minimal charge to validate that the entity is legitimate.  Went through this last March when I added a new account with them.

Respected Contributor

I am waiting for a returned call from PayPal to ask about this charge or whether it's a common practice.

@Kachina624  It's a nice compliment to be missed, thank you.  To answer your question, yes, I suppose I have quit cooking to some extent.  I'm cooking for one now, which is not nearly as enjoyable.  

Respected Contributor

Thank you, @aroc3435, for your answer.  

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

I just received an Emailed fraud alert from my credit card company.  They are questioning a 1¢ charge from QVC, and now, so am I.

I did just recently edit my PayPal account, removed one card and added another as the new primary card.  Is this little charge a test?  Has anyone else experienced this?   

@IamMrsG

Are you sure it isn’t PP doing a test charge? PP does those but I don’t think QVC ever should.

Honored Contributor

I remember (way, way back), when I first signed up with PayPal, they did a test like that.  However, I knew about it beforehand, so I wasn't concerned.

I've been using PayPal for a very long time now and have never had any problems with it.  The only thing to watch out for, as with any online site, is phishing emails.  Don't ever give your info in response to any email.

I haven't had any scam emails in a very long time either, so maybe they're got a handle on it nowadays, but it still pays to be vigilant, when you're new to something.