Esteemed Contributor

QUOTES FOR A LITTLE BIT OF INSPIRATION

[ Edited ]

1.   Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.                                      Desmond TUTU

2.   Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.  The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

3.   Listen to the mustnt's child

Listen to the don'ts child

Listen to the shouldn'ts child

Listen to the won'ts child

Listen to the never haves,

Then listen close to me...

Anything can happen, child

Anything can be.                      Shel Silverstein

4.   There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.                                  J.R.R. Token

5.   It's always something, to know you've done the most you could.  But don't leave off hoping, or it's of no use doing anything.  Hope, hope to the last!

Charles Dickinson

6.   When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.  When we strive to become better than we are, everything becomes better too.

Paul Coelho

7.   You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.  I hope someday you'll join me.  And the world will live as one.                                                        John Lennon

8.   Hope is the  last thing ever lost.

Italian Proverb

9.   But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.          Martin Luther King

10.   It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out.  Yet I keep them because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.

Anne Frank

11.   You cannot swim for a new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.

William Faulkner

12.   In a time of destruction, create something.

Maxine Kingston

13.   The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for:  And the most you can do is live inside that hope.  Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under it's roof.                   

Barbara Kingslner

14.   Strange as it may seem, I still hope for the best, even though the best, like an interesting pile of mail, so rarely arrives, and even when it does it can be lost so easily.

Lenny Snicket

15.   Never give up hope.  Have hope.  Expect only the best from life and take action to get it.

Catherine Pulsifer

16.   The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy.

K Kalu

17.   It's amazing how a little tomorrow can make up for a whole lot of yesterday.                 John Guare

18.   Remember hope is a good thing, maybe the best of  things, and no good thing ever dies.

Stephen King

19.   The world needs less heat and more light.  It needs less of the heat of anger, revenge, retaliation, and more of the light of ideas, faith and courage, aspiration, joy, love and hope.                                       Wilford Peterson

20.   We dream to give ourselves hope.  To stop dreaming - well, that's like saying you can never change your fate.

Amy Tan

21.   In fact, hope is best gained after defeat and failure, because then inner strength and toughness is produced.

Fritz Knapp

22.   A positive statement propels hope toward a better future, it builds up your faith and that of others, and it promotes CHANGE.                 John Dargatz.

THE END

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: QUOTES FOR A LITTLE BIT OF INSPIRATION

Hope! Yes Hope! ❤️🙏☕️💯

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏! I cannot think of a more poignant collection of fundamental quotes for TODAY! Singularly, they are pertinent; together they are POWERFUL!!!

Numbers 10, 15, and 19 caused me to really reflect; 10 being my favorite.👍👍 

10.   It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out.  Yet I keep them because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.

Anne Frank

Enough said!!!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles 

I just noticed that my post "Messages" was deleted due to  "copyright infringement" and the thread that I posted isn't anywhere to be seen.  It wasn't deleted because it never posted.  I'm sure I hit the "Post" button.  Oh well, I'll do that one over tonight, all that work for nothing.  Woman Sad

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I am so sorry that happened! Your HEART was in the right place, so it wasn't for nothing! 😁 Your tireless dedication to spreading joy here on the forums is ALWAYS appreciated. The sun shines just a little brighter when you do.🌞❤

Reading your heartwarming collection of hope quotes from last evening was so comforting; it made me smile. My soul is actually smiling as I type this post.😁

With so many people disillusioned this year from a constant bombardment of adversity, HOPE is essential; now more than ever! Reading the perspective of young Anne Franks was truly awe-inspiring, and tugged at my heart strings.🥰

I "hope" it will always remain with me, as a stark reminder of the wisdom of innocence.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖