Super Contributor

Re: It's all about testing. How many tests have those countri...

NO ONE is Really going to know how bad this virus is for about another year at least. It's too new and since it's a virus they tend to be comparing it to another VIRUS, not a disease. No one wants anyone to die but people do, everyday from lots of things. Let's not twist peoples words to something you THINK they MEAN. Personally my OPINION, it's overblown. That's my opinion, nothing scientific.

Trusted Contributor

Re: QUESTION ABOUT FLORIDA AND COVID 19

@Whosits wrote:

After FLORIDA TODAY first reported Jones' (Rebekah Jones The scientist who created Florida's COVID-19 data portal) removal from her position in charge of the Florida COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard she created, she confirmed, as reported by CBS-12 in West Palm Beach that she was fired because she was ordered to censor some data, but refused to "manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen."

Of course it turns out that she was trying to add people that weren't confirmed as positive to the numbers. Just people who thought they probably had it. And she isn't a scientist. 

Also a disgruntled employee telling a press outlet something and then confirming it to another outlet means we have a seriously big journalism problem.

Respected Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@Whosits wrote:

After FLORIDA TODAY first reported Jones' (Rebekah Jones The scientist who created Florida's COVID-19 data portal) removal from her position in charge of the Florida COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard she created, she confirmed, as reported by CBS-12 in West Palm Beach that she was fired because she was ordered to censor some data, but refused to "manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen."

Of course it turns out that she was trying to add people that weren't confirmed as positive to the numbers. Just people who thought they probably had it. And she isn't a scientist. 

Also a disgruntled employee telling a press outlet something and then confirming it to another outlet means we have a seriously big journalism problem.

Rebekah Jones’ firing is the COVID clickbait the media dreams of – but it’s All Fake. Several Media outlets published the “manipulated or deleted data” conspiracy theory. All for the same reason...

Honored Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

My bet would be that she is telling the truth, given the politics and the governor. @Whosits 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Whosits wrote:

My bet would be that she is telling the truth, given the politics and the governor. @Whosits 

What I find ironic is that many of the same people who deny and dismiss her account, have bought into the Plandemic conspiracy theory. Things that make you go hmmm.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown