Respected Contributor

Re: QUESTION ABOUT FLORIDA AND COVID 19

@CalminHeart 

You are so right...where I am so many people are walking the streets without masks, so many have died.  I know two really good, vibrant people people who died, and of many parents, grandparents, doctors, etc who have died.

Respected Contributor

@gardenman 

Do you really believe people in India are counted?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Florida, the West Coast.  Our numbers in Florida are not going down!  We have a total number of 43, 607 residents who have tested positive for the virus and a total of 44,881 who have tested positive.  A week ago, we had 40,000!  The number of deaths are going down BUT the number of people getting the virus is INCREASING!

How our governor can make the claims he does, is a total mystery to me.  I am fortunate in the county I live in.  As of this morning we have 369 residents that have tested positive, Wednesday we had 330!

These are the published numbers updated daily by Florida Dept. of Health.

As I said our numbers in Florida are NOT going down for those who have the virus!

Honored Contributor

@kimbobimbo wrote:

In fact, there has been an increase in Covid-19 cases in Florida, and Palm Beach County is now considered a "hot spot" My recommendation is that everybody read trustworthy news sources and not rely on the opinions of people on the boards and elsewhere. 

If only. . . Woman Frustrated

Super Contributor

I live in Florida and the cases in Florida are going up.  I don't know why our govenor acts like cases are going significantly down.  Just recently case #'s spiked by 1700.  I think as testing continues to increase the numbers will continue to go up.  Thus Disney and Universal are not opening.

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@gardenman 

Do you really believe people in India are counted?  

It would be hard to hide tens of thousands of dead people. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Regarding testing: Any news story I read about this has featured health experts and the heads of health agencies across the county stating unequivocally that testing is probably the most important key to getting a sure grip on what's going on, to say nothing about it's the best protocal for information as to demographics -- which is essential knowledge as we progress through this crisis.

I have heard VERY FEW people who think that testing is not necessary or overrated.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Dade and Broward County Florida are set to begin opening Monday. 

Cases in Broward are far from declining and deaths are also on the rise. Cases (6,133) are UP 8.7% over the previous week. Deaths (272), up 5.8% over the previous week. Bar graphs depicting these two parameters show a steady INCLINE in both number of new cases and number of new deaths. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in central Florida and numbers here are going up. I’ve learned not to trust anything the governor says; he might report numbers are down but, when one checks he is referring to a single hospital... that kind of thing. 

Social distancing doesnt appear to be in practive here and masks are not required. At no time since this started have I seen much social distancing and I see very few masks. Stores are packed. I haven’t been in one since sometime in March and don’t expect to go in one any time soon, if ever again. As long as I can order and pickup what I need there is no reason to risk my health. 

I do not consider Florida, at least in this area, to be using healthy practices regarding the virus. No one seems to take it seriously. In many cases, it is more of a joke to people.

I plan to continue avoiding people and being very careful even around people I know. I strongly suggest that people living in other states stay away. For your own health as well as ours. 

Frequent Contributor

I live in southwest Florida and I adhere to all things to help keep us all safe like wearing my mask and social distance awareness but most of the people in this area seem to think that once the stores and restaurants opened the virus was gone.... they rush into the stores, restaurants and can't wait till Monday for the gyms to open.   Our governor seems to make up his own figures for the state,our numbers are going up,not down as he keeps saying.  I fear we are less important to the political class then the finances of the state and country.