Trusted Contributor

I would write a letter to the Q credit card company.  I did that and asked them to please forgive the late fees as I'm a valued customer and have been shopping with QVC for so many years.  I got a letter back and they deducted the late fees, etc.

Respected Contributor

the way that i read the op's complaint was she was charged $37x5. that would mean late fees 5 months in a row. so did she just continue to pay what she thought was the minimum payment of $25 for 5 months without checking the status of the account???

i don't think that the Q has any control over late fees ect. they will transfer you over to the banking site. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sweetkelly

These types of cards will lead people to overbuy - and eventually they'll get into credit card debt. I've been poor for many years - on and off - and I shop less. I don't buy things I can't afford. I'm 78 yrs young and pay my credit cards off every month.

Valued Contributor

I am just not understanding how this is QVC's or the banks fault?

Just because you don't get a statement doesn't mean you owe nothing. Mortgage payment, IRS payment, electric bill?  It's up to you to check.

Valued Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@sweetkelly

These types of cards will lead people to overbuy - and eventually they'll get into credit card debt. I've been poor for many years - on and off - and I shop less. I don't buy things I can't afford. I'm 78 yrs young and pay my credit cards off every month.

What?  How so?  I have never known a card that leads responsible people to buy?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Mominohio, not to get off topic, I do apologize, but it's so good to "see" you.  Been thinking of you and wondering where you got to!  Glad you're still here.  LuLu

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sweetkelly.   I refuse to do business with that Synchrony Bank.  I think most of the US retailers have credit cards handled by them.  Their policies border on the unethical.  They surely caught you in their trap

I pay each month in full, but have EP.  Watch out for the HSN flexpays. I am paying two displays in one billing period each month.  It was explained from the bank, they close on one date and HSN on another, so you might get two flex pays in one billing period.   You know I didn,t argue because the person at the bank could not figure it out or understand what I was saying.,  The positive side it gets paid faster.  The negative side, I willl not do their flex,pays anymore or buy there anymore.  I usually buy Andrew Lessman vitamins, but will get them at pro caps.

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@Mominohio, not to get off topic, I do apologize, but it's so good to "see" you.  Been thinking of you and wondering where you got to!  Glad you're still here.  LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

Good to 'see' you too!

I haven't been on as much as usual the last few months, and posting mostly in home and holiday. Had several rounds of the seasonal virus things over the holidays and we just got lazy with trying to get clear of that! Hope you are doing well!

Honored Contributor

I swear someone in another part of this forum had this same complaint, or one very similar, within the past couple of months.

I'm sorry but I don't know how you can say the card isn't "user friendly."  You even state that the on-line statements you were supposed to be receiving may have been going to your junk folder.  That isn't Synchrony Banks fault.  You are responsible for making sure you are getting statements.  If you weren't getting them, you could have contacted Synchrony.  If for some reason you didn't have their number, you could have called QVC and gotten it from them. 

I had a QVC card and never had an issue.  I did on-line statements only.  A few times I accidently erased them from my e-mail but I knew I owed money, went to my account on-line and paid the bill.