Super Contributor

Re: Q moderators responding on the boards, do you like it or not?

No, Don't like anything about this, too old to learn this stuff, wont be be much or buy much , thanks for nothing.

Honored Contributor

I hope with mods being in discussions at times, that people don't attempt to do any brown-nosing.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

It doesn't bother me at all.  I do not think that we will see them that much but again that is fine.

Respected Contributor

it doesn't matter to me let them give there opinions it is their board I am here as their guest. So if they have something to say fine with me.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind at all....the more the merrier...maybe they could start some fun threads....sometimes it gets mighty slow around here and we lack new topics to discuss...the mods could bring a whole different spin on our threads...Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

I kinda feel like we're being watched very closely right now. It's fine I guess. We are their guests, we go by their rules.😳
Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I have seen a couple of places now where Q is responding on these boards. 

In one I noticed they were answering some of our questions, good!

In another, they were kind of cheerleading a post, kind of a pat on the back kind of thing for the poster's idea, and that one seemed a little strange to me, as we aren't used to them actually participating.

I feel like, even though I know the boards were read/watched/moderated, that this is kind of a strange feeling. Other than them answering technical questions in some form, I don't think I like them participating. Time will tell, and it's all still new.

Anyone else have an opinion on their interjecting in a thread, other than technical stuff?

I have noticed some of the responses and the pulling of threads - but I have not seen any response to one of the main complaints - WHY DID THEY REMOVE THE SUB FORUMS - ARE THEY GOING TO REINSTATE THEM ???

If they are going to "respond" on the boards - they should respond to this issue which has been asked repeatedy.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi MIO!  I don't mind them coming on a thread and explaining why a post is deleted.  I started one yesterday that truly was all in fun, but due to the celebrity's name and current circumstances, it became political.   When the moderators stepped in and said to keep it about the subject and not make it political, it stayed fun for a while and several posters thanked them, as did I.  

I had to leave for a while this afternoon, and now it appears to be gone, so I don't know what happened.  I will think twice or three times before I post anything again that might easily be taken in the wrong direction.  On the whole, I thought the interaction was fine. 

Honored Contributor

I don't like that we can Only say positive things and not discuss how we really feel.How boring will this get.
Esteemed Contributor

As I stated on my thread about the admins participating on a thread, no, i don't think they should insert themselves into a thread.

They need to do what many of us do and sit on their hands and shut up.