Honored Contributor

Re: Q moderators responding on the boards, do you like it or not?

People left because of the poofing situation.  Nothing more.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoftRaindrops wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I don't understand the fun in making fun of or deliberately antagonizing other adults, how is that showing maturity?

It isn't. Thus the mass exodus. I truly believe that this forum was an outlet for some who just had a lot of stuff to dump on some unsuspecting individual who often times had no idea why they were under attack.  It was tedious to read. And I am glad QVC found it to be and cleaned up this site.

Okay the first part of this made me laugh........I think people left because when ever a topic got interesting, rather it be.........cop shooting........health crisis........or any other current event, the thread was poofed.........even if the discussion that was going on was respectful.......differing points of view YES, but respectful.........that can be frustrating as all get out........and over a period of time just not worth it..........we've seen that sentence a lot here..........just not worth it.

change is like a pendulum........it swings to the far extremes till it finds middle........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@SoftRaindrops wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I don't understand the fun in making fun of or deliberately antagonizing other adults, how is that showing maturity?

It isn't. Thus the mass exodus. I truly believe that this forum was an outlet for some who just had a lot of stuff to dump on some unsuspecting individual who often times had no idea why they were under attack.  It was tedious to read. And I am glad QVC found it to be and cleaned up this site.

Okay the first part of this made me laugh........I think people left because when ever a topic got interesting, rather it be.........cop shooting........health crisis........or any other current event, the thread was poofed.........even if the discussion that was going on was respectful.......differing points of view YES, but respectful.........that can be frustrating as all get out........and over a period of time just not worth it..........we've seen that sentence a lot here..........just not worth it.

change is like a pendulum........it swings to the far extremes till it finds middle........................raven

Well, whatever you decide to do, Raven, please continue to post here. I have learned so much from you over the years. What you said to me recently about children and their leaving the nest, was a life changing moment for me. It gave me a different perspective on a topic that had been bothering me for years. Just know that I would miss you here if you stopped coming.

Trusted Contributor

@TaxyLady wrote:

I think it is an ego trip for the moderator.  They love to dictate what people talk about.  Especially when they might not like it.  I have found out you cannot mention Jesus.  What a shame. 

I think QVC needs to re-think and allow posters to debate topics.  The less posters the less buying.

It is like the stepford shoppers on here.  We have to be senseless drones and only talk about pocketbooks and shoes. 

One of the few good changes around here, imo, is the inclusion of religion in the off limits discussions.  Thank you to TPTB.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

The mods are paying attention and I love it! It's quite refreshing to know that there won't be any sick cartoons or nasty remarks about poster's religious views or looks. Three cheers for the changes. 

Yes that is better.  But there's too much that is bad with the good and I'm afraid the bad is now outweighing the good.  And by that I don't mean the mechanics of the boards.  I'm getting used to all that.  No, for me it is the over zealous kindergarten mentality of the mods.  Not to mention the fact that there are just SO MANY of them!  I liked it better when I thought there was just one webhead, LOL!

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Respected Contributor

@SoftRaindrops wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@SoftRaindrops wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Well, whatever you decide to do, Raven, please continue to post here. I have learned so much from you over the years. What you said to me recently about children and their leaving the nest, was a life changing moment for me. It gave me a different perspective on a topic that had been bothering me for years. Just know that I would miss you here if you stopped coming.

Oh I still stop by from time to time........my RL schedule only allows me time when things slow down........summer is "our season".......it's when everyone wants to do changes to their home, so I stay pretty busy during those months............but I still drop by..........I'm glad what I said to you helped..........we mom's have to stick together, those kids will be the death of us LOL..........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@SoftRaindrops wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

I would like to know why QVC decided to change the boards.  What purpose is it supposed to serve?  Why didn't they ever tell us why they were doing it?

I remember they made an announcement that there were going to be changes but WHY???  What was so wrong with the previous forums?  We were all used to maneuvering around them and now THIS????  

Will we ever get the answer - WHY???  Also, is there any way they can just "delete" these forums and put the other forum back?  Would anyone object to that

They changed the boards because if QVC continues to have them, they want their community to reflect their belief system. Let's face it, there were times here awful things were posted about some of the show hosts and attacks on some of the participants here. QVC probably realized that was not the route they wanted to take. No more free for all's where anything goes. Now if a participant wants to post here, they need to abide by the rules.

Since there are so many different internet boards out there, I guess we are all free to find one that fits us best. But I know for sure that there will always be some things wrong with a board. The key is finding one that has the least bothersome aspects. To each his own.

Their belief system? You must not know about what happened with the Kauffmans and their crab cakes. And the fake reviews for Charise. And selling products where the product number changes multiple times to hide the bad reviews. Unless you consider greed a belief system the Q follows nothing but the all mighty dollar. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

@SoftRaindrops wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

I would like to know why QVC decided to change the boards.  What purpose is it supposed to serve?  Why didn't they ever tell us why they were doing it?

I remember they made an announcement that there were going to be changes but WHY???  What was so wrong with the previous forums?  We were all used to maneuvering around them and now THIS????  

Will we ever get the answer - WHY???  Also, is there any way they can just "delete" these forums and put the other forum back?  Would anyone object to that

They changed the boards because if QVC continues to have them, they want their community to reflect their belief system. Let's face it, there were times here awful things were posted about some of the show hosts and attacks on some of the participants here. QVC probably realized that was not the route they wanted to take. No more free for all's where anything goes. Now if a participant wants to post here, they need to abide by the rules.

Since there are so many different internet boards out there, I guess we are all free to find one that fits us best. But I know for sure that there will always be some things wrong with a board. The key is finding one that has the least bothersome aspects. To each his own.

Their belief system? You must not know about what happened with the Kauffmans and their crab cakes. And the fake reviews for Charise. And selling products where the product number changes multiple times to hide the bad reviews. Unless you consider greed a belief system the Q follows nothing but the all mighty dollar. 

I was answering in regard to some of the vicious attacks on posters and show hosts on these boards. It doesn't look good for a company to permit bad behavior so they are cleaning up the boards and restricting what they consider posts with nothing more to add but bait for an argument.

As far as their selling products and reviews, I wasn't commenting on that aspect of their business. I was commenting on their forums.

BTW, good to see you. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SoftRaindrops wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

@SoftRaindrops wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

I was answering in regard to some of the vicious attacks on posters and show hosts on these boards. It doesn't look good for a company to permit bad behavior so they are cleaning up the boards and restricting what they consider posts with nothing more to add but bait for an argument.

As far as their selling products and reviews, I wasn't commenting on that aspect of their business. I was commenting on their forums.

BTW, good to see you. Woman Happy

SR (hi btw) I understand what you're saying but why would they go over a decade with little action to make improvements then suddenly take these steps?  The board was no worse or better when I started posting in '04. I honestly don't think they care about the board attacks. Maybe they're suffering from a bad public image after the layoffs, disappearing hosts, implementing timed phone calls with customers and a drop in purchases and are trying to improve. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

Don't like it, i got hammered many times, but a least there were interesting topics and you had the chance to learn different views. I now just scan the first few posts and usually leave. I miss the chance to get out your feelings, and maybe frustrations. It seems really boring now.