Respected Contributor

Re: Q moderators responding on the boards, do you like it or not?

For heaven's sakes, why do adults want to be hall monitors on other adults?  I am referring to other posters.  "I'm so glad I got a post removed."  YUCK.

Grow up.

Too bad you may not have been a hall monitor in high school.  I was and didn't rat out people unnecessarily either.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

I don't really care who looks at the boards one way or another.

However, I have seen HSN moderators replying on their boards.  I found it out of place in some contexts.

If they were responding to a question, fine.  Just to cheerlead HSN, go away.  I guess I would feel that way here too.

If they really want less posters or posting, they may just get it.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Webbie breath. That's creepy strange. Sort of like Wenning.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

I wanted to add that the "Q Team" has verified in a thread in Q Talk that the standards and moderation haven't changed. 

I can understand that it seems they have because we didn't see the comments on the poofed posts before... we just knew a post was missing.  Or, in many instances, we didn't see the post so we didn't even know something was removed.

So, I think there's a perception of more "poofing" but in reality I don't think it's happening.

I have to disagree with you based on first-hand observation, especially this weekend when they seemed to have plenty of staff on full-alert. Perhaps the standards haven't been changed but they're being "enforced" with a vengence. Small squabbles that would have previously been left to flame themselves out have been poofed, for example. In at least three threads I've been participating in, posts were sent to the cornfield that to me were just business as usual in an active forum. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

I think it's fine. They are not dominating. One moderator even posted a photo of her cat on one of the Pet Lovers' threads.
Esteemed Contributor

That's not her cat. She fooled you.
Respected Contributor

This thread is still here
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I think I'm not fond of them being 'parent' in such an obvious way. Patting some on the back and 'cheerleading' and slapping the fingers of others with comments. 

Just moderate, pull posts that are inappropriate, close threads that go off the rails too far, answer the technical questions and move on. 

Feels too much like kindergarten at this point, and I wonder if over time, they will fade into the background. I think I might.

More big brother. Pretty soon we'll just be able to talk about the weather

Contributor

I don't mind it one bit.

Respected Contributor

Stump the teacher!
Options
This thread was moved to gamers. Because someone asked her where this thread was? I think that is totally over the top. Are we allowed to bash the moderators? One of the moderators removed the post and then the other moved the thread.