Respected Contributor

Re: Q moderators responding on the boards, do you like it or not?

[ Edited ]
So far I've seen two pats on back the in the last hour. Too grade school creepy for me. Is qvc going to send out report cards? ....you had 3 posts removed and only 1 helpful post in the last week
Respected Contributor

I don't mind the moderation, but they do need to be consistent.   A few posts were removed because they could be interpreted as "racist".  Neither were mine, because I remember the order in which my post appeared.  However my post was removed with no explanation.  My comment was not racist nor could it be interpreted as such

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Esteemed Contributor

It does not bother me a bit.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovescats wrote:
So far I've seen two pats on back the in the last hour. Too grade school creepy for me. Is qvc going to send out report cards? ....you had 3 posts removed and only 1 helpful post in the last week

I want them to butt out. Other than removing offending posts with a justifiable explanation, just answer our questions. But otherwise get your nose out of our business and our discussions.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Esteemed Contributor

The sheer number of new QVC moderators is very disconcertng.  There's Shawn ,Janelle, Martin, Nancy, Josette, Rebecca, Luther, Amos, Amy, Nomar, Graziella, Suzette, Thomasina, Yolanda, Roberto and Jeremiah, and those are just the  names I recall seeing.

Esteemed Contributor

Me no likely. Not just moderators; I had a post "hearted" by someone from "QVC Customer Care."

I get the sense that between them all, someone is reading each and every post in each and every thread. And, poofing with abandon. 

If this place becomes even more "sanitized for your protection" than its become in just the last five days, I don't think I'll feel comfortable posting and participating.

Of course, they can do as they please, but it's the members (and often the friction) that have made this such a vibrant place. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Feels like kindergaten.....this is what happens when everyone complains about posters and posts.

Be careful what you wish for.

IMO, this place is a joke.....with nothing to talk about anymore......unless of course you have no opinion about nothing.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

No. Webbie breath down my neck isn't a nice feeling. 

Honored Contributor

I wanted to add that the "Q Team" has verified in a thread in Q Talk that the standards and moderation haven't changed. 

I can understand that it seems they have because we didn't see the comments on the poofed posts before... we just knew a post was missing.  Or, in many instances, we didn't see the post so we didn't even know something was removed.

So, I think there's a perception of more "poofing" but in reality I don't think it's happening.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Gee, wonder who's side they will take.