Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q moderators responding on the boards, do you like it or not?

I'm actually shocked by the what I've seen poofed by the moderators. We sometimes get into it with each other, apologize and move on. Now, the moderators are trolling the boards, ruler in hand, giving us a smack for anything the consider "confrontational" or "unkind." The fact this place for the most let us sort out our own sandbox skirmishes made for a good experience. I guess that's gone too.

Yeah, it's looking like this is no longer the best place for me to waste time!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Yes I like it.  Moderators are people too. 

Occasional Contributor

Already had one statement "poofed" ... apparently stating fact is not allowed.

So my answer is "No."

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

Yes, ITA.    

At least you see why they deleted a post.  They've answered numerous questions. 

This IS a monitored board so maybe they are now fine-tuning that.  For people who prefer to participate in a non-moderated board, they are out there or you can start your own.    But this has always been a moderated board so, to some degree, there will be moderation.

They seem to be doing a good job.  If somebody wants to post something that is outside the rules (religion, politics, rudeness, etc) they have to expect that their thread or a given post will be deleted.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I expect any day that the moderators will soon come into the middle of a discussion to push the TSV, sort of like a commercial.  You can run from the  television, but you can't hide from the merchandise. 

Honored Contributor

YES, I like it  ..............  after all it is QVC's Board!   If you aren't doing anything wrong, why would you object???Smiley Tongue

Occasional Contributor

I don't mind.  There are other boards where  the mods post all the time.  Not a problem.

~bunny~ 2010
Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I think I'm not fond of them being 'parent' in such an obvious way. Patting some on the back and 'cheerleading' and slapping the fingers of others with comments. 

Just moderate, pull posts that are inappropriate, close threads that go off the rails too far, answer the technical questions and move on. 

Feels too much like kindergarten at this point, and I wonder if over time, they will fade into the background. I think I might.

mominohio

I totally agree with you this all seems a bit juvenile. Hopefully in time the board will get back to normal (?). Also I have no idea why they took away our sub-forums; seems like they did a great job of alienating thier posters (aka shoppers).

Honored Contributor

chickenbutt wrote:

MIMA wrote:

Yes, ITA.    

At least you see why they deleted a post.  They've answered numerous questions. 

This IS a monitored board so maybe they are now fine-tuning that.  For people who prefer to participate in a non-moderated board, they are out there or you can start your own.    But this has always been a moderated board so, to some degree, there will be moderation.

They seem to be doing a good job.  If somebody wants to post something that is outside the rules (religion, politics, rudeness, etc) they have to expect that their thread or a given post will be deleted.

I agree with you, chickie.  I'll add:  I've always been puzzled by those who complain about the restrictions on posting here, since it's clear to everyone that an international corporation owns and operates it and they aren't likely to offer a public forum without fairly careful moderation.

It's sort of like going into a shoe shop, perusing the offerings, and then writing a scathing review because the shopper couldn't purchase furniture there.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea what this person wrote but am pretty unhappy with level of moderation happening now. Welcome to nanny state. Before anyone lectures me about how they can do what they want or if you're not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about, let me remind you of what a slippery slope it all can become. 

LINK to poofed post with "explanation"

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat