Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q moderators responding on the boards, do you like it or not?

Explaing is one thing, participating is another.

Trusted Contributor

I would expect that they have extra staff monitorng the boards during the implementaton. My thoughts...

Answering someone's queston in the same topic can only help snce the person askng the question may never see the answer it is only posted, and probably bured quickly, in some generic thread.

I think it's fine if they post a positive response to someone who has a good idea. Ths program is new to the moderators too. There wll be tmes when one of us will post tip that they were unaware of, but can now use to help others.

I doubt they have much tme to actually participate anyway. But if they have nterest in a topic and it's slow at the tme, why shouldn't they be able to comment?

Since they're more "present" attempting to help, there's a higher chance of a post not followng the guidelnes being seen. What does it say if they ignore those posts? 

Honored Contributor

dooBdoo wrote:

Lila Belle wrote:

dBd,I'll test your theory that they have sanitized this particular forum to become a clone of Among Friends.

If i get banned, it's been a blast posting with and getting to know you.

Oh, lordy!  Lila, I don't want to be the cause of problems for you or anyone else.  If I am, come find me and give me a thrashing...  okay?  Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see anything wrong with the way people were posting before the move to this platform so I wish everyone would continue as before and then see what happens.

I see a lot of trepidation, and don't know why it's there...  but maybe I missed something (very possible!).

Right back atcha, and I hope you continue to post here. Smiley Happy

Quoting myself...  both of your "test" threads are still active, Lila!

A good sign!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I don't like it. 

Honored Contributor

Well, with so many threatening to leave the moderators may be all we have left to post with.  I say "Pull up a chair and let's chat!"

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I post at another board for football and it's run so differently than this place.  The person that owns and runs that place is also head moderator so are several other posters- they participate on a whole different level than here.  You have an issue, you tell them and they take care of it right away..  a post needs to be deleted or changed, it's done, bam!  You're banned, you're out of there.  From what I've noticed, the QVC participating has been only selective to certain threads..  I never saw one congratulate any of us until yesterday... but whatever it's their website & moderation.  Thank goodness the other place I mentioned is moderated to the T but you have a few freedoms..  not watched like a Hawk.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

I don't mind their presence. When they explain the reasons for a post deletion, I think it's helpful. However reminding us to be nice while we disagree sounds a little like the way I needed to talk to my children when they were anywhere from ages 4-10. Feels condescending when you're an adult. Perhaps phrasing things a little less imperiously, and sticking more to the objective facts that moderators should be fluent in articulating and seasoned in identifying, would lessen that sense of condescension  and contibuteto amore sophisticated place for "chat". 

Patting any single poster on the back seems to be stepping out of the shoes of a moderator and into those of a participant taking a side. That has no place in the position of moderating, imo. You can't moderate if you can't remain impartial.

Well said! I agree. And I guess what I was trying to convey in my last post.

Honored Contributor

I don't really care.

It's not like we have a choice or anything.   LOL

Trusted Contributor

You're only too old to learn new things, if you tell yourself you are!

Continuing to learn, is one of the best ways we have, to keep our minds active! And it's fun!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I am fine with it if they come here to give a response to someone having difficulty with the navigations of this board. As far as participating on threads, I would hate to see them be biased on what stays and what goes because of their own viewpoints and I think that is just human nature.