Honored Contributor

Q moderators responding on the boards, do you like it or not?

I have seen a couple of places now where Q is responding on these boards. 

In one I noticed they were answering some of our questions, good!

In another, they were kind of cheerleading a post, kind of a pat on the back kind of thing for the poster's idea, and that one seemed a little strange to me, as we aren't used to them actually participating.

I feel like, even though I know the boards were read/watched/moderated, that this is kind of a strange feeling. Other than them answering technical questions in some form, I don't think I like them participating. Time will tell, and it's all still new.

Anyone else have an opinion on their interjecting in a thread, other than technical stuff?

Valued Contributor

Re: Q moderators responding on the boards, do you like it or not?

I very much like that they are giving at least minimal explanations about why a post is removed and I appreciate when they answer questions posed on a thread.

Do I want them to participate in chit chat--not beyond polite niceties like acknowledgements, nor do I want them participating in the thread discussion beyond clarifications and/or suggestions to prevent threads from getting derailed.

Esteemed Contributor

From what I've read in various posts, there's some fairly regular poofing of posts in a thread--with an explanation which is good, but I too am not chill with so many moderator eyeballs focused here!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

I think they should stay out of our discussions ... otherwise this whole board becomes a discussion with QVC employees who, of course, would be biased in one way or another ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind them posting here, regardless the reason.  It doesn't affect me, let them post for goodness sakes, they are reading here anyway. Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

It doesn't bother me if they comment or chit chat. The more people to talk to the better.

Respected Contributor

It's OK, why not?

QVC is already paying them to monitor the BBs.  It's nothing new and it's nice to put a human face and nic to the moderators.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me.  We knew they've always been there, and I seriously doubt there's more monitoring or reviewing going on...  it just appears that way because we're seeing their comments and answers to questions.  I also seriously doubt they have time to engage in chatting with us.  I do like seeing the explanations and occasional clarifications.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I LOVE IT!  

They are sticking to their guns.  If it's political (and I'm sooooo glad religion will be 'covered' closely too), cause my choice of religions always takes a hit here....

One post today that we were supposed to plead stupidity that it 'wasn't really political' was very poliitical.  When I replied on the pretext of it being about outward appearences, my post was removed.

So for the very first time, I reported a picture on that post and along with my explanation that it was extremely insulting.  And that whole thread is gone.

I'd like to think it's because of my reporting it.

If we're going to be fair, there is no talking of politics (or religion!).   But that's only if we're going to be fair.  I can play either way!  But I really like abiding by the rules.  Don't you?

Honored Contributor

I think I'm not fond of them being 'parent' in such an obvious way. Patting some on the back and 'cheerleading' and slapping the fingers of others with comments. 

Just moderate, pull posts that are inappropriate, close threads that go off the rails too far, answer the technical questions and move on. 

Feels too much like kindergarten at this point, and I wonder if over time, they will fade into the background. I think I might.