Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

Please ask her to share the secrets of putting them together.

DH and I are currently working on one and, while we know enough to do the borders first, and assemble areas we can figure out, the interior is impossible.

I'd love some tricks if there are any.

I do know one thing, I'd rather work alone!  DH sees me working on it and joins in.  He is a "puzzle hog" and I find myself just zoning out Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi  When I used to have a cat, and when I then did puzzles at my dining room table, my cat would get up on a chair and "surreptiously" reach a paw up on the table and slowly pull a piece towards him till he could knock it off the table and then hide it!  (I no longer have a cat, and I now do puzzles on my computer.  Love jigsaw puzzles.)

Respected Contributor

So cool!  Beautiful colors!  I like to do puzzles. Last year, I got the Hallmark snowmen puzzle.  It was so hard - hanging my head in shame-I quit!  I may try again, it was discouraging! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a good puzzle maker, just don't have the eye for it or the patience.  My adult kids on the other hand do 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles all the time.  They call it their therapy.  They have many of them framed and they hang them in their garage.  They both live on the same property.  I purchased them some great ones for Christmas, Spring Bok Puzzles, made in the USA.   I actually got the name on these forums!  They were a big hit........along with their gift cards!!

Esteemed Contributor

I love puzzles but haven't done one in years. My daughter and I used to do them all the time - especially during snowstorms. 

Honored Contributor

That looks like a tough one. I'm getting better doing puzzles but I'll never be fast. My favorite brand is Vermont Puzzle. They have cute puzzles with many people and animals in them rather than just nature scenes.

Frequent Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@2Kittys wrote:

I can't do those. I have 2 cats and they'd be in everything.

I never had a cat,but they don't get up on your table, do they? I have a long puzzle table and do puzzle  year round.

Oh yes they do. We let them on the dining room table.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m excited, DH is cutting me a board so I can work on it. Can’t wait @Love my grandkids 

Esteemed Contributor

@violet runner  It’s called Pink Sky. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman ...I watch Lindsay doing her puzzles and have asked her how she fits them in so fast.  I don't know that there is a secret way to do them but whatever it is she has the knack.

She does the same thing you do, borders first and then puts some pieces in the center and goes from there.  Out of curiosity I'll ask her what else she does, who knows, maybe she does have a secret way of doing them.

She never fails to amaze me, you should see the drawing she does.  When she was in the first grade she told her teacher she wanted to be an artist when she grows up.  Her teacher said, no way, with her aptitude for numbers she will be a  scientist, still too soon to see how it all plays out.  Good luck with your puzzle and maybe you should get one for your husband and you can have a contest to see who gets finished first.  Whether you win or  lose, in either case, I don't envy what you will live with afterward.  Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam