Honored Contributor

Re: Purse lovers...QVC---a sellout if you carry

@ProudMa 

???   What is the brand?  

Honored Contributor

Like @Mz iMac said. It reminds me of a coin purse. I remember I used to pinch my hand in the closure when snapping mine shut.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

It’s too dressy to be practical with my wardrobe.
Honored Contributor

It's not for me.  

It looks like something the Queen would carry.  LOL

Valued Contributor

Huge pass from me too. As others stated it looks very granny.
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I like a kiss lock, but the one pictured is a bit too exaggerated for me. I'd also note, they're secure until they aren't. Some of them, over time, don't 'click' the way they should and then the bag is very easy to open.

I had the same experience.  Or the mechanism falls apart.  Not durable.  Also, in a bag as shown, when it is opened, it opens big and everyone around can see everything in your bag.

Honored Contributor

It's a granny "pocket book." 😄

I've seen some large Patricia Nash bags at TJMaxx/Marshall's with kiss lock closures.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure this bag or something similar would appeal to a few women, but I don't really think they would fly off the shelves. Both of my grandmothers carried similar black bags with the kiss-lock closures back in the 50s and 60s. I prefer a more sleek, zipper closure bags with a handle that I can throw over my shoulder.

Occasional Contributor

I love it!  Very retro.

Respected Contributor

I have found that I have greatly down-sized my bags too, in that I either carry a wristlet, or just a simple card case.  I see a lanyard in my future (card case on a neck strap).  Only time I would use one of my bigger bags now is if I should take a trip (fat chance) and might need that extra room for travel stuff.

I do think the bag pictured with the kiss lock is quite a nice bag though.  It does look retro, but is modern at the same time.  Very nice in the classic black.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing