Honored Contributor

Re: Purse lovers...QVC---a sellout if you carry

I would not buy this bag; the shape is fine, but the kiss closure and short handles scream "granny bag" to me, so big no.   

Now that I'm retired, I realize I don't actually need a handbag.   My trips out are very short runs; grocery store, CVS, or Dollar General and then home, so a wristlet serves me fine.   

Esteemed Contributor

Brahmin has a couple of kiss closure bags. They also scream granny bag to me. I'll take my Brighton zipper closures anyway. 

Respected Contributor

That style is so old-fashioned that I have to smile!

They are heavy metal closures, as well.

I am a top-zipper only handbag lady!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ProudMa 

Sorry, but it doesn't look like it would be " flying off the shelves " and a "sell out", if they carried more bags with this type of closures.

It's a granny bag.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Maybe you'd find more fans if this was posted in the Handbags forum.

I'd never buy a bag like that. I want my arms and hands free, so crossbody for me. I have joint issues, so the bag must be lightweight. This would kill the shoulder of whatever arm I had it slung on. I also detest that snapping sound, so I'd never buy a bag or change purse with that mechanism. Quality zippers are usually quiet, and there's such a great choice in lightweight, body-friendly bags these days that I'm never tempted by leather or other heavy materials.

Honored Contributor

I think it's lovely.  I can't carry it for the same reason some others say (arthritis).

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ProudMa I agree they're secure -  so secure my arthritic right hand sometimes can't open those clasps.  I'll be going with good zippers, but in a lightweight bag.  

@millieshops @ProudMa 

My thoughts exactly.  Kiss locks are pretty to look at, but not practical for those of us with arthritis in our hands.  I've learned to stay away from things that will stress my fingers.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

What a trip down memory lane.  I have not seen wallpaper like that since the 60s.

Honored Contributor

I used to love Lee Sands eelskin wallets with kiss closures, then I found the same thing on eBay in a smaller version that I liked even better.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Funny when I read the post title I thought the op was saying here’s a purse for anyone who needs something for concealed carrying a gun. 

Not sure why since I don’t but that was my first thought.