Honored Contributor

Thinking about going to one of the All Inclusive place, has any one been there and anything good or bad to say

thanks

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

The D.R. isn't one of my favorite places to go. Please check 'trip adviser' not only for your resort but the general area too.

Valued Contributor

Spend your vacation money elsewhere. I will not go back to the DR ever again. There are just too many reasons not to ever go there.

As for Caribbean resorts: our favorites are Virgin Islands, Play Del Carmen, Mexico, or several Jamaican resorts.

Respected Contributor

We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Bavara and it it beautiful. Loved everything about it. It was expensive.

Honored Contributor

There are several Iberostar, ranging in higher to lower price ranges, they are all very nice.

My son recently stayed at Dreams Palm Beach for a destination wedding, said it was reasonable, but not the best in amenities.

Honored Contributor
On 3/14/2014 Sassenach1 said:

Spend your vacation money elsewhere. I will not go back to the DR ever again. There are just too many reasons not to ever go there.

As for Caribbean resorts: our favorites are Virgin Islands, Play Del Carmen, Mexico, or several Jamaican resorts.

Hmm different strokes as they say I have been to Jamaican resorts a few times and would never ever set foot in that country again

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor
We went there about 5 years ago. Stayed at the Dreams resort. It was secluded, about an hours drive on the bus from the airport. We went through Apple Vacations. Beautiful place and we had a great time. We went in April and the weather was great.
Valued Contributor
On 3/15/2014 Usedtobeoxox said:
On 3/14/2014 Sassenach1 said:

Hmm different strokes as they say I have been to Jamaican resorts a few times and would never ever set foot in that country again

Jamaica resorts have been good in our experience. I have friends that had other experiences, though.

One thing I should have mentioned to the OP:

Probably the best resort experience ever was Marriott Marco Island. It is absolute perfection!

Valued Contributor

My brother and family are going to the Hard Rock resort over spring break. I just might hide in one of their suitcases!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Respected Contributor

I've never been, but have considered it when making vacation plans. I decided to pass on both DR and Jamaica after extensive research on trip advisor (highly, highly recommend you use that site- look at the BAD reviews first).

It also depends on what you're looking for in a vacation.

The condition of the hotel, room, linens, beds and grounds are my top priority, along with a clean and uncrowded beach. I'm not interested in all-inclusive since my husband and I rarely drink. Also not interested in organized tours or site seeing. So we wouldn't go someplace where these amenities were included in the price.

I hope you find a great place to stay and have a terrific vacation, wherever it might be!