Honored Contributor

Re: Pump Bottles that Yield Foam

@hennypenny wrote:

Hmmm,,  I use Philosophy in the shower. I love the pump on the giant bottles, but hate the push cap on the smaller bottles. May try using a foamer with some of my philosophy. Thanks everyone. This is good news!

I want to know why Philosophy uses the hard plastic on the squeeze bottles.  Both the body wash and the lotion.  Even using both hands for the lotion, I can't get it out of the bottle.  

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter , I agree one hundred percent. I usually transfer the little bottles into empty large ones with the pump.

The last time we were evacuated because of fire I grabbed a small bottle of philosophy and took it to the hotel. I know this sounds insane. But that was a huge downer, along with the fact I had forgotten my blistex and both mr henny and I forgot underwear.

Seriously they must know it is really a flaw in design and should change it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use pumps for foam from amazon,i use liquid castile soaps i them ,i fill bottle with 2/3rds soap.rest with water, you may have to play around with the amount of both.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@hennypenny  I purchased several Method soap bottles and two of the refill bags from Vitacost last week.  They had a good selection and weren't over priced.  Usually a sale/coupon and I went in thru Rakuten for more of a discount.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I have two bottles that had a body foam that was created by a reservoir in the pump. I've saved the bottles and pumps because I like the foaming and would like to use other products with them, but wonder how well to dilute a dish or body soap to use successfully in one. 

Anyone have any idea of the ratio of hand soap, body wash, or dish detergent to water that I should use, or a guideline for consistency of the diluted stuff? When I dumped the body wash that was originally in the bottles (didn't like the scent), it seemed very dilute.

@noodleann  I just dilute an out half product to water or liquid. I never thought about the exact amount.  I do it with my liquid Castile soap which is quite thick  for hand washing. I get a lot more out of  the Soap  diluting it.

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

How to Make Foaming Soap

1. Mix 1 part liquid soap with 4 parts water in a foaming soap dispenser.

Slowly mix by gently turning soap dispenser until incorporated

@Suzeecat   @noodleann 

Well, THAT explains why I get the results I get.   I have to  add more water to the mix.  Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@noodleann 

Thanks for asking this question ..... I changed the water to soap ratio and ... viola! .... I have FOAM again ....   LOL     Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

, We found method on amazon. Got the same offer two bottl...

@Lucky Charm , We found method on amazon. Got the same offer two bottles and a bag. Like finding gold.

Trusted Contributor

Re: , We found method on amazon. Got the same offer two bottl...

I've purchased Method foaming hand soap from Amazon, too. Sometimes in stock, sometimes not.

I found one bottle at my CVS this weekend....it was like I'd found gold on the shelf!