Respected Contributor

Pump Bottles that Yield Foam

I have two bottles that had a body foam that was created by a reservoir in the pump. I've saved the bottles and pumps because I like the foaming and would like to use other products with them, but wonder how well to dilute a dish or body soap to use successfully in one. 

Anyone have any idea of the ratio of hand soap, body wash, or dish detergent to water that I should use, or a guideline for consistency of the diluted stuff? When I dumped the body wash that was originally in the bottles (didn't like the scent), it seemed very dilute.

Respected Contributor

Re: Pump Bottles that Yield Foam

@noodleann , I can't wait to hear answers.

I use method hand soap and love the foam dispenser. I have kept a couple intending trying to use them.

Finding method soap is difficult now.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann   Why don't you just put a little in the bottle and experiment?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

How to Make Foaming Soap

1. Mix 1 part liquid soap with 4 parts water in a foaming soap dispenser.

Slowly mix by gently turning soap dispenser until incorporated

Respected Contributor

@hennypenny , if no one has any answers, I'll try experimenting with proportions. I think I'll try Dawn first, since so many people use it, even though they came out with a foamer pump themselves that I have somewhere. Wasn't really keen on it; envision using this more for liquid soap in the shower and pump soap at the sink.

Respected Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

How to Make Foaming Soap

1. Mix 1 part liquid soap with 4 parts water in a foaming soap dispenser.

Slowly mix by gently turning soap dispenser until incorporated

Thank you, @Suzeecat , that's a great help. Yep, no shaking the bottle to mix it!

Respected Contributor

Hmmm,,  I use Philosophy in the shower. I love the pump on the giant bottles, but hate the push cap on the smaller bottles. May try using a foamer with some of my philosophy. Thanks everyone. This is good news!

Respected Contributor

I've not had the best luck reusing the foam soap dispensers.  Some of them just never work the same once you unscrew them.  However, I have found that you can buy empties in various quantities on Amazon.  I make my own concoctions with castile soap and essential oils. They make great gifts and I have had several requests for refills!

Honored Contributor

Dratts...........I had saved one from Perlier Tiramisu Mousse for bath/shower.  Back in the eighties ?

It was a large plastic dispenser.  

Well, it disappeared years ago, lol.

Good to know that we can order them on Amazon!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I have two bottles that had a body foam that was created by a reservoir in the pump. I've saved the bottles and pumps because I like the foaming and would like to use other products with them, but wonder how well to dilute a dish or body soap to use successfully in one. 

Anyone have any idea of the ratio of hand soap, body wash, or dish detergent to water that I should use, or a guideline for consistency of the diluted stuff? When I dumped the body wash that was originally in the bottles (didn't like the scent), it seemed very dilute.

there are DIY methods for that out there, I saw them when I was looking for something else