Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pulling reruns of old TV shows because of their stars' "behavior"

until i heard, on the news today, i thought the cosby show was pulled when all the accusations hit the air...way back when......i was surprised it was still running....

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I don't think they should be pulled because it impacts everyone else on the show.

ITA! I am a big Robert Culp fan and really enjoy all the old I Spy reruns.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Never watched on Cosby show.  As for the family show Steven Collins was in, only once and it was a dull predictable story. 

Folks only get residuals when their shows are aired.  Heard some sculpture of Cosby was removed from Disneyworld Florida. 

I was NEVER asked if he was 'my dad' like the media proclaimed he was America's Dad.  I would have shouted "NO", never ever. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

There was a TV star in the UK called Jimmy Saville. Everyone seemed to love until they found out he was a serial pedophile. He had died in the mean time so he escaped his punishment on this side of life. However I believe he still is paying for  what he did on the other side of life

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i never liked the Cosby show but i never cared for Bill C anyway, something about him creeped me out and the jello commercials too. 

they do make tons of money in syndication, but considering what he did to women, it is despicable. he should have thought of the consequences of his stupidity with his big head lol

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Especially as he got older, he seemed to babble in an almost inebriated way.

I think he let his celebrity status get the best of him, not just with regard to his heinous treatment of women but also his almost unbelievable hypocrisy in lecturing others on their behavior.

What he did is evidenced on his face.  He is ugly.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

I think in most cases, many stations pull this stuff because they have "legal" teams and on advice from them for a myriad of reasons, they do it.  I don't really think its for a moral reason, though that may factor into the legal reasoning in a sense. 

Valued Contributor

Who or what happened with "Dukes of Hazard"? I didn't hear anything about that. 

Honored Contributor

@tdog wrote:

It's been pulled because of the Conferate flag, ridiculous.........

Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@tdog wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

how about if they substituted the swastika ?

N/M they both mean the same thing....oooops !

Valued Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@tdog wrote:

Wow! I guess whoever censors these things will have to comb through a lot of old movies and any tv show that ever had the flag in it. Can it be mentioned in books or will any book that show the flag be banned? I am all for taking it down and putting it in a museum but to search through old shows, etc, for one, is going a little too far in my opinion. You can't please all of the people all of time.