Honored Contributor

Re: Public Restrooms routines

I haven't found wet seats in restrooms but I have seen towels thrown on the floor and toilets that haven't been flushed. Now I know why. More and more, I'm finding toilets that flush automatically, faucets that detect hands and turn on, the same with the dryers.

The OP has me thinking of Monk.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Carmiewrote:

I walk in use the rest room,wash my hands and use the paper I dried my hands with to open the door to leave, if possible.

I have digestive problems and have had to use dirty restrooms that I wish I didn’t have to.  My choices are limited in an emergency...have an accident ( which I have, many times) or use the dirty facilities.  I will cover the seat if it is dirty.

i hate when women straddle the toilet and do not sit down.  They leave the seat wet for the next person.  

I saw a program on TV where they checked public restrooms for germs.  Most of the toilet seats were clean, the sinks and door knobs were full of germs.

@Carmie, I am highly insulted at your slam against the high-risers among us. I don't know about my fellow perchers, but I have never, ever left an errant drop. It's all in the positioning and heck, who knows, maybe in the size of one's derriere.

Sorry but I have to say that so often you go in a stall and someone has hovered, peed on the seat and walked away.  DISGUSTING!  And unnecessary.

Regular Contributor

LOL!  This thread is a hoot!

For number 2, I flush while going (don't want to share my "noise" and smell).

If a neighboring stall doesn't flush, I say "all a**, no class."

Esteemed Contributor

I don't quite understand why you'd like to know what the public restroom routines are with other people, or why you are sharing your routine. If that's your "routine" - fine, go for it. Sharing the details of each step is just a bit strange to me. JMO.

Honored Contributor

@Soonerwrote:

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Carmiewrote:

I walk in use the rest room,wash my hands and use the paper I dried my hands with to open the door to leave, if possible.

I have digestive problems and have had to use dirty restrooms that I wish I didn’t have to.  My choices are limited in an emergency...have an accident ( which I have, many times) or use the dirty facilities.  I will cover the seat if it is dirty.

i hate when women straddle the toilet and do not sit down.  They leave the seat wet for the next person.  

I saw a program on TV where they checked public restrooms for germs.  Most of the toilet seats were clean, the sinks and door knobs were full of germs.

@Carmie, I am highly insulted at your slam against the high-risers among us. I don't know about my fellow perchers, but I have never, ever left an errant drop. It's all in the positioning and heck, who knows, maybe in the size of one's derriere.

Sorry but I have to say that so often you go in a stall and someone has hovered, peed on the seat and walked away.  DISGUSTING!  And unnecessary.

@Sooner, don't be sorry. This is a very fluid thread, but I never anticipated people actually getting so serious about it. I should have, of course. C'est la vie.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Soonerwrote:

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Carmiewrote:

@Sooner, don't be sorry. This is a very fluid thread, but I never anticipated people actually getting so serious about it. I should have, of course. C'est la vie.

@suzyQ3  LOL!!!  I'm sorry grown women do this!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@c_la_veewrote:

@Ms tyrion2  Hi, no no, you didn't read it wrong! Smiley Happy Yes that's me.

If they have a waste bin I use it and if not...the person that is supposed to clean will...clean! 

So it is all about me me me. You practically put a hazmat suit on before using the facilities and drop multiple paper towels on the stall floor (if no basket is avail) cause cleaning people should clean. Yes, they clean but you could also take your paper towels out of the stall and drop it in the wastepaper basket. 

Pet peeve of mine is when people litter when there is a garbage can 2 feet away. It is awful. I ride the trains and some people finish their coffee/breakfast item and leave the empty bag and cup on the floor. If everyone did that, the trains would be filthy. Oh, I forgot, the cleaning people should be cleaning.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner, I hover and will continue to hover, and my aim is impeccable. It is my right as an American citizen to toilet the way I choose to toilet. It's in the First Amendment. Look it up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Sooner, I hover and will continue to hover, and my aim is impeccable. It is my right as an American citizen to toilet the way I choose to toilet. It's in the First Amendment. Look it up.

@suzyQ3  Well gosh maybe that will be in the Olympics next time!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooeywrote:

@c_la_veewrote:

@Ms tyrion2  Hi, no no, you didn't read it wrong! Smiley Happy Yes that's me.

If they have a waste bin I use it and if not...the person that is supposed to clean will...clean! 

So it is all about me me me. You practically put a hazmat suit on before using the facilities and drop multiple paper towels on the stall floor (if no basket is avail) cause cleaning people should clean. Yes, they clean but you could also take your paper towels out of the stall and drop it in the wastepaper basket. 

Pet peeve of mine is when people litter when there is a garbage can 2 feet away. It is awful. I ride the trains and some people finish their coffee/breakfast item and leave the empty bag and cup on the floor. If everyone did that, the trains would be filthy. Oh, I forgot, the cleaning people should be cleaning.

@Yahooey- it reminds me of when I was working at our local high school.  Students would make messes around their desks or miss the basket.  I'd make them aware and ask them to clean up their space.  More than once, some snotty kid would say something along the lines of "that's what the cleaning people get paid for".  Believe me, they got an earful from yours truly and they knew better after that.