Respected Contributor

Re: Public Restrooms routines

How rude to throw your paper towel on the floor!

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway  Yes, some of them do.  That is understandable.

When I worked, our toilets  were not self flushing and they were always wet.  The cleaning lady even put signs in the stalls to sit and not hover. 

The seats were wet and the floors were always sticky and splattered.  The cleaning lady said the men’s room was cleaner.  It’s Unbelievable  how some well dressed beautiful women are pigs in public restrooms.  I wonder how clean their bathrooms are at home.

Honored Contributor

Hovering over a toilet seat is not supposed to be good for you.  

Super Contributor

@c_la_veewrote:

@Ms tyrion2  Hi, no no, you didn't read it wrong! Smiley Happy Yes that's me.

If they have a waste bin I use it and if not...the person that is supposed to clean will...clean! 

Oh my goodness. 🙈

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

I love you, I really do.   That is exactly what I do although I never could have described it as great as you did. 

I really don't get all of this obsession with germs.   We need exposure to them to fight them.   I don't remember the last time I was sick with anything and I firmly believe it's because I don't fear germs; I welcome them to keep my immune system strong.   

Super Contributor

@TenderMercieswrote:

Just keep alcohol wipes in your purse to wipe down the seat, wash your hands when you’re finished, and use the towel you use to dry your hands as a barrier on the door handle when you’re exiting.  There’s just as many germs on your credit cards, car seat, steering wheel, movie theater seat, and church pew.  There’s no need for these productions that so many are going through.

Don't forget to add restaurant menus.

Esteemed Contributor

When I have to go to the bathroom - especially during the last 18 yrs after having side effects from ovarian cancer --- I'm so happy to find any bathroom!!!! I'm very clean - but not a clean/germ freak.

With all the antibacterial products, listening to the news about diseases and bedbugs, realizing that the sponge on the kitchen sink is the dirtiest product in the house (bacteria buildup), etc., it's no wonder people are paranoid. When I grew up in the 1950s, we didn't even know about or have seatbelts in the car; didn't know we could get food poisoning by eating old food in our refrigerator; didn't wear helmets when riding our bikes. 

Regular Contributor

I work with a lot of Russian and Ukranian ladies.  They wash their hands before and after using the facilities.  

I am aware of germs, but, don't obsess about them.  I do appreciate when the previous user takes the time to wipe up any of their dribbles, etc.  There is no excuse not to clean up your own mess.  

Esteemed Contributor

@c_la_veewrote:

Do you have one or do you just walk in and do your business without any concern?

Just curious Cat Tongue

Here is mine and you might think I exagerate but don't care! LOL

I walk in and take a napkin if they have them.

With it I open the door to the stall and latch it closed without touching a thing.

Discard the towel and take some toilet paper and wipe the seat off well, flush it down to get cleaner water. I use another piece of toilet paper to touch the flush handle.

Take 4, yes 4, toilet seat covers and put 2 sort of up and down, making sure to cover everything so that there is over-hang, the other 2 go sideways so now the seat is completely covered.

I don't bother to tear the covers open as they open when you sit down.

When finished, I have to flush 2 or 3 times with all that paper but it always works.

Always use a piece of toilet paper to touch the flush handle and another to unlatch the door and open it.

Wash hands with soap, use a paper towel to open door to restroom.

If I go in to a restroom that is gross, I will hold it, I will do anything but use that restroom. I would rather go outdoors behind a bush than use a filthy restroom.

Airplanes are another problem for me because people seem to get sloppy in them so I have been known to hold it, even on long flights, until I get to the next airport. I never drink tea or coffee on planes because they are diuretic.

In the airport, if they have an airline or American Express lounge, I go there.

What's your routine?

Lucky you.  My days of "hold it" are long gone.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624....I guess that is an option, according to the commerial they make pretty ones now!