Trusted Contributor

Re: Public Restrooms routines

I feel sorta sorry for you.

Saturday night we went out,there was line for the Women's so I used the Men's and I lived thru it. 

Trusted Contributor

What I don't understand about the original post and about others who do this as well is:  why flush the toilet to "get cleaner water"?  It's a toilet.  This is such a waste of water.

I notice many people do this and I just don't understand it.  If there is nothing in the bowl, I just go about my business.  If there is something there, then I do flush to be sure the toilet works.  But why flush if there is just water? 

Someone.  Please enlighten me. 

Trusted Contributor

@spud188wrote:

I feel sorta sorry for you.

Saturday night we went out,there was line for the Women's so I used the Men's and I lived thru it. 

@spud188 Exactly. And it's usually much cleaner than the women's room.

Respected Contributor

@c_la_veewrote:

Do you have one or do you just walk in and do your business without any concern?

Just curious Cat Tongue

Here is mine and you might think I exagerate but don't care! LOL

I walk in and take a napkin if they have them.

With it I open the door to the stall and latch it closed without touching a thing.

Discard the towel and take some toilet paper and wipe the seat off well, flush it down to get cleaner water. I use another piece of toilet paper to touch the flush handle.

Take 4, yes 4, toilet seat covers and put 2 sort of up and down, making sure to cover everything so that there is over-hang, the other 2 go sideways so now the seat is completely covered.

I don't bother to tear the covers open as they open when you sit down.

When finished, I have to flush 2 or 3 times with all that paper but it always works.

Always use a piece of toilet paper to touch the flush handle and another to unlatch the door and open it.

Wash hands with soap, use a paper towel to open door to restroom.

If I go in to a restroom that is gross, I will hold it, I will do anything but use that restroom. I would rather go outdoors behind a bush than use a filthy restroom.

Airplanes are another problem for me because people seem to get sloppy in them so I have been known to hold it, even on long flights, until I get to the next airport. I never drink tea or coffee on planes because they are diuretic.

In the airport, if they have an airline or American Express lounge, I go there.

What's your routine?

I hope you never have to go really, really bad because with all the pre-potty stuff, you'll never make it in time.

I enter, find a stall, go, flush and wash my hands and leave.

Honored Contributor

"Gotta' go tinky poo-poo?"

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotterwrote:

@scatcatwrote:

I walk in, go to the bathroom, wash my hands and walk out

Me too, I just try to make the best of the situation.

Me three!

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrainwrote:

I haven't found wet seats in restrooms but I have seen towels thrown on the floor and toilets that haven't been flushed. Now I know why. More and more, I'm finding toilets that flush automatically, faucets that detect hands and turn on, the same with the dryers.

The OP has me thinking of Monk.

Becca Lou wrote: Toilets also spray on you shoes when flushed. I avoid public restrooms at almost all cost. Yuck !

Respected Contributor

@Soonerwrote:

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Carmiewrote:

I walk in use the rest room,wash my hands and use the paper I dried my hands with to open the door to leave, if possible.

I have digestive problems and have had to use dirty restrooms that I wish I didn’t have to.  My choices are limited in an emergency...have an accident ( which I have, many times) or use the dirty facilities.  I will cover the seat if it is dirty.

i hate when women straddle the toilet and do not sit down.  They leave the seat wet for the next person.  

I saw a program on TV where they checked public restrooms for germs.  Most of the toilet seats were clean, the sinks and door knobs were full of germs.

@Carmie, I am highly insulted at your slam against the high-risers among us. I don't know about my fellow perchers, but I have never, ever left an errant drop. It's all in the positioning and heck, who knows, maybe in the size of one's derriere.

Sorry but I have to say that so often you go in a stall and someone has hovered, peed on the seat and walked away.  DISGUSTING!  And unnecessary.

Becca Lou wrote : On the news now they are warning us about the toilet paper being contaminated by the toilet flushing . Just heard that one last month.And the air-dryers blowing out dust to aid to our allergies. It never ceases !!

Respected Contributor

Really?

This thread is still going (pun intended).

Honored Contributor

@maestrawrote:

Really?

This thread is still going (pun intended).

This.is.so.funny!!

I was -this- close to make a comment, as well!

”Can’t believe almost a month later, we’re still talking #1&#2!”

Giggle.

@maestra