Respected Contributor

Re: Public Restrooms routines

This discussion leads me to mention something much on my mind lately—the inconsistency of flushing mechanisms leads to wasted arm-waving, button touching, etc and thus possible non flushing or exposure to germs. I wish public restrooms posted where and how to flush, point to auto sensors or over-rides. Would be kid- and adult-friendly.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTopwrote:

Since toilet height is easier on my knees, I always choose the handicapped stall.   

Me too!   I use the handicapped stall because fewer people use it and there's always toilet paper in it.  It's weird, I've seen women wait in long lines, bouncing around with a bursting bladder and they won't go into the handicapped stall.  No doubt, it hasn't been used all day....bizarre.  

Super Contributor

OK I'm back.

@VenturaHighway  It's not ideal but  if there is a place to throw garbage in, I do that, if not I'm stuck and the floor is the only place.

My husband is right next to me on his computer and I asked him for his opinion, if he thinks I'm rude

Him- Why, did you get chastised? Rightfully so!

Me- But you'rre supposed to back me up!

Him- Not when you're wrong. If you touch the handle nothing is going to go IN your skin, just touch it  and wash your hands on the way out (laughing)

Me- You still don't get me Smiley Sad

ANYWAY...Cat Indifferent

As far as the poor cleaning person, I don't feel bad in the least, I'm thinking that if it were me, a practically clean paper towel on the floor would be the least of my worries considering what I see insome stalls. But usually I use the bin if available

Also, it's not just a germ thing, it's probably the gross factor that gets me.

@occasionalrainsimilar but I'm not compulsive 

@jannabelle  that's fine, thank you for contributing to this thread Smiley Happy

@ yahooey not multiple, one

@missy1, you mean like those 'honey buckets' type deals? Never been in one and never will LOL

About the hair flip, as a matter of fact, I've been doing that since my early teens that I can remember, just a habit but I don't do it with dirty hands. I don't mind you poking fun at me, I can laugh too Smiley Happy

Toilet Plume, never heard of it, that's a new one for me

I have to get on now and probably won't have time to come back until next weekend.

You all have a great week! Smiley Happy

the @ feature didn't work well

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmomwrote:

(walking into Starbucks & asking the cashier...),

”Hi!  Where’s the restroom?”

35F37F2B-F2E7-484E-9FCB-305E2F3008EA.jpeg

Does your suit have a trap door in the back?  @sidsmom Funniest thread I've read in a long time.  Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@TenderMercieswrote:

Just keep alcohol wipes in your purse to wipe down the seat, wash your hands when you’re finished, and use the towel you use to dry your hands as a barrier on the door handle when you’re exiting.  There’s just as many germs on your credit cards, car seat, steering wheel, movie theater seat, and church pew.  There’s no need for these productions that so many are going through.

I thought you said alcohol wipes to wipe your seat.  @TenderMercies Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

This thread reminds me of some of the threads Mellie used to start on a Saturday night.  Haven't seen her post in a while.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

@RedTopwrote:

Since toilet height is easier on my knees, I always choose the handicapped stall.   

Me too!   I use the handicapped stall because fewer people use it and there's always toilet paper in it.  It's weird, I've seen women wait in long lines, bouncing around with a bursting bladder and they won't go into the handicapped stall.  No doubt, it hasn't been used all day....bizarre.  

It's not bizarre, it's proper behavior. I don't park in handicapped spaces and I don't use stalls meant for those who are handicapped. That no handicapped person is about is no excuse for using their parking spaces or their restroom stalls.

Honored Contributor

I don’t have any routine per say, but I do what haveto do and make sure I wash my hands leave. That is my routine..

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrainwrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@RedTopwrote:

It's not bizarre, it's proper behavior. I don't park in handicapped spaces and I don't use stalls meant for those who are handicapped. That no handicapped person is about is no excuse for using their parking spaces or their restroom stalls.

I use any empty stall I can get into in an emergency, even the men’s room.

i used the men’s room in Vietnam in a restaurant.  My DH used it first.  He said there were many stalls in there and the main bathroom door locked from the inside. So it was an emergency...I have Digestive problems.  I went in, the coast was clear and I locked the door.

There were men outside pounding to get in.  When I came out and they saw I was a woman, they were on fire angry.  I have no idea what they were saying, but I could read their minds.  I know they were not saying nice things.

I didn’t want to have an accident then have to ride on a bus all day in soiled clothing.  LOL everything turned out well.  I got out of there alive and clean.

I went out of town for a street fair once and the same thing happened.  I used the men’s room and when I came out and started to apologize to a man who was standing there with my head down to avoid eye contact...I heard him say “ Carmie, is that you?”  When I looked up, it was my boss.  OMG, I was so embarrassed.  He was a really nice man and a gentleman so nothing was ever said about it.  Phew!

Honored Contributor

I don't fault those men for their anger. What would women do if a man locked them out of their bathroom while he used. Your issues are yours not innocent strangers to accommodate. Presumptuous to travel knowing your problem not caring  that you will inconvenience others.