Respected Contributor

My oldest DD graduated from a master's program in cultural heritage studies at Cambridge University in late October and today she was offered a job as a communications officer at an international art non-profit.  She will have to move to Washinton DC.  We will miss her since she has been living with us since March when Cambridge closed their campus but we are so proud and wish her much happiness in her new chapter in life. 

Honored Contributor

@ninjawifeCongratulations to you for raising such a go-getter and to your daughter for all of the hard work she put in.

I live in Northern Va.  My daughter got her Masters degree from Georgetown.

There are a lot of opportunities in this area.  She must be very careful and do the research where she moves.

Like any city there are good and bad parts of DC.  It's a beautiful city, especially in the Spring.

Probably as many as 3/4 of the people who live in this area are employed by the Federal government.

It's going to be exciting when you come to visit her.  I'm really happy for all of you.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for raising an intelligent young woman who is ready to fulfill her destiny.   

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 My daughter did her undergraduate studies at George Washington so she is familiar with the city and knows where she wants to live. 

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife .....Give your DD a hug from all of us and tell her....

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Congrats!  My daughter moved to the greater DC area two years ago, after getting her degree. 

she will love it there (once covid is contained and she can experience all the area has to offer)

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife  Congratulations to your daughter!

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations, @ninjawife! I hope you dd loves her new job and living in D.C.

Esteemed Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Honored Contributor

My ex-son in law graduated from George Washington University in DC.  So did my investment advisor.  In fact that's how I ended up going with his company through my son in law.

It's good that she's familiar with the area.  Things have been crazy over there.