Trusted Contributor

Re: Prostate cancer & Tinnitus

@PickyPicky3 @NicksmomESQ 

I have dealt with Tinittus for 10 yrs and exactly as @PickyPicky3 says, my audiologist explained this is a brain issue and cannot be cured.  I just learned to live with it.  Some days are better than others; however the more I think about it the worse it is so I try to divert my attention from it.

I have a downstairs neighbor who keeps his AC fan going ALL NIGHT (pumping AC into his apt for many hours).  That constant, loud humming sound prevented me from sleeping so I bought some noise cancelling headphones (from HSN) that work perfectly.  HOWEVER, since using the headphones the tinnitus has worsened (don't exactly know why).

My thoughts and prayers go out to @NicksmomESQ for your stressful situations to resolve soon and in your favor.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ  "Even though I feel good about the treatment I'm a nervous wreck. Holding it in because I don't want to add to DH's stress."

I hear that loud and clear.  They are naturally worried about the unknowns or even the knowns and men are often not the best patients, sorry to say.  We often hold it all together and know we can fall apart later if necessary.

Wishing your DH all the best outcomes and much relief for you both.

Respected Contributor

You both have my prayers, @NicksmomESQ .You've done the hard work to ensure he's in good hands. Now it's time to take a breath and trust that together you'll see him through to a steady recovery.  Blessings!

Trusted Contributor

Prayers sent! XO

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you dear friends for your encouragement & support!!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ Best wishes to your husband🙏

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda wrote:

@PickyPicky3 @NicksmomESQ 

I have dealt with Tinittus for 10 yrs and exactly as @PickyPicky3 says, my audiologist explained this is a brain issue and cannot be cured.  I just learned to live with it.  Some days are better than others; however the more I think about it the worse it is so I try to divert my attention from it.

I have a downstairs neighbor who keeps his AC fan going ALL NIGHT (pumping AC into his apt for many hours).  That constant, loud humming sound prevented me from sleeping so I bought some noise cancelling headphones (from HSN) that work perfectly.  HOWEVER, since using the headphones the tinnitus has worsened (don't exactly know why).

My thoughts and prayers go out to @NicksmomESQ for your stressful situations to resolve soon and in your favor.

@pdlinda My husband is on zoloft and it helps him cope with his tinnitus during the day that changes pitch and sometimes is louder than usual.  When he was working it was less noticeable but now that he's retired our house is way too quiet.  He takes melatonin and a sleeping pill at night. 

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ 

I'm sorry to learn this.  Yes, I'll say prayers for your DH & keep him in my thoughts also.  I wish both of you the best possible outcome.  Take care.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ   I've been praying for him (and you) since your first posts about his diagnosis.

My Dad went through crueling treatments for 2 different cancers and I watched my Mom's health go downhill as she worried and wrung her hands. 

Please remember to take of yourself. If you become rundown from worry, stress and not enough rest, you cannot be of any help to him and certainly are doing yourself no favors. 

OK, mini lecture over. Be well and keep us posted about DH.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  Good thoughts for you and you husband. I understand your anxiety about this. These things are very hard on the loved ones who wait for news.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth