Respected Contributor

Re: đź‘—ProjectRunway 11/5 Ep14:Finale Pt 2 SPOILERS POSSIBLEđź‘—

@willomenia wrote:
Can't believe they picked that girl as winner! Are they blind! Not a thing looked good on any of her models, and since when do plus size people want to wear see-thru clothes?

It seemed like Ashley's collection is aimed at very young girls, but I can't see any plus sized women (or even young girls, for that matter) wearing her clothing, either.   I think she has a very small target demo that would wear that stuff & her fit & finish was bad. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@willomenia wrote:
Can't believe they picked that girl as winner! Are they blind! Not a thing looked good on any of her models, and since when do plus size people want to wear see-thru clothes?

It seemed like Ashley's collection is aimed at very young girls, but I can't see any plus sized women (or even young girls, for that matter) wearing her clothing, either.   I think she has a very small target demo that would wear that stuff & her fit & finish was bad. 

She does have a narrow audience.  Despite the moans & groans about American women and size 14, plus sizes are a minority in the U.S.  She's making herself her own plus size line.  She's not going to make a whole lot of money,

Honored Contributor

I think Christian was twenty-one when he won PR.

I knew Ashley would win due to the fact, as I posted a while ago, that PR could be the first to bring plus size fashion to the forefront.

I like pieces of Candace's and Edmund's, but only a few of Kelly's thinking that very young women her fashions, and the rest of her's I thought were nothing.  I really can't believe that she spent $9,000 on what she showed.  Maybe someone in the fashion world will help her get going, either through schooling, or setting her up.

What I thought was horrendous were the fifteen minute long commercials, and of course, I fell asleep and missed Ashley's show, but did see her dresses when the Judges were critiquing them.

Honored Contributor

I missed this, but it was brought up in a blog. 

Here....everything hinges on this moment.

The biggest event of their lives.

The lights go up.

You send your model out w/ your first look that

symbolizes your fashion vision...

....is this (note hem):

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I was rooting for Edmund. He had such determination after auditioning all those years. Overall, his designs were the most wearable IMO. The comment from the judges that a few of his dresses were over designed is interesting.  I did not think his outfits were as over the top as Christian Siriano who won because of his flamboyance. This is one of the thing that bothers me: The judges keep changing their criteria for winners each season. 

I am ok with Ashley winning, but part of me wonders if she got the win because she was the first contestant who wanted to design solely for plus size women, and they wanted to honor that. 

Trusted Contributor

IMO it was Edmond who should have won.  Ashley's clothing was poorly made and not flattering on her models. The first dress to walk the hem was hanging down. The two in shorts were so tight they were bunching up. And those flower pots were so ugly. 

But I knew they would crown her the winner. It was obvious. 

Kelly rhad one skirt I thought was nice. I did feel bad for her when she lost. 

I really liked Candace's first dress and her last. I did not get Asian inspired. Not sure what her theme was. 

I liked almost most all of Edmond's pieces. I liked the first gown the fit on the model was great. The short black dress also fit perfectly. I liked the white flowing gown. It looked good going down the runway. 

Maybe be he will be in project runway all stars and take it all the way to the end like Mondo!  

Thanks for for posting Tim Gunn's interview. It was good to hear his thoughts. 

Esteemed Contributor

I finally watched the finale late last night. (I dvr shows to scan out the commericals).

I thought Edmund should have won. I loved his designs in the finale!

I knew Candice would be last according to her collection in the finale. She blew it.

While I didnt always like Kellys designs, I did like most of her designs in the finale (minus the stupid fanny pack!).

While I admire Ashley for designing plus size and did like the lace in the finale, all along in this season her designs have been unfinished, and sloppy! And for that reason, Ashley should not have won IMO! (Also I dont think "real" plus size women wear crop tops!).

As far as Project Runway Juniors, I will be watching.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

The Project Runway Season 14 Reunion show is this thursday from 8-9pm EST. -- Somehow I have the feeling that fur is going to fly. 

The premier of Project Runway: Junior follows the reunion show and is scheduled from 9pm - 10:03pm EST. -- I'm looking forward to seeing what these teen designers can do as well as how Siriano is as the main judge. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy