Honored Contributor

Re: đź‘—ProjectRunway 11/5 Ep14:Finale Pt 2 SPOILERS POSSIBLEđź‘—

@bebe777 Project Runway Junior starts next week taking over the Project Runway date/timeslot I believe.

Valued Contributor

I watched most of this year.  Hated last night's episode.  At least one hour of commercials and promos.  Totally lost interest.  Was so disappointed in Ashley's win.  She didn't even act surprised.  Being a plus-size woman, albeit much older than Ashley, I wouldn't be caught dead in those "designs."  Can you imagine a 2x-3x in those see- through, sheer, crop-topped lace messes?.  Oh, but I guess a flower pot on your head pulls the whole outfit together.  I'm not saying large sized women should wear tents, but I'm sad because she could have given some hope to plus-sizes who still want to be stylish.  IMO, her win was  polically correct, not because she was the most talented.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't think anyone had a great collection. There were attractive creations in all of them and eye-rolling creations too. There was nothing that gave me an "oh wow" moment.

I was pleased to see that Ashley had corrected the majority of fitting issues in her creations and addressed the issue with undergarments. She listened to the judges and she was rewarded for that.

I don't know what happened to Edmond. He had a couple well-fitting dresses but the white ruffled (or has Heidi called it. toilet paper) dress was weird. There was a really pretty black dress with tasteful ruffles but I don't think he sent it down the runway.

Kelly's dresses looked like they belonged on skaters, cheerleaders, or hookers. The only item I liked was from last week - the 70s inspired top and pants.

I didn't find Candace's creations that bad. I loved the dress with the crinoline under it; that was beautiful. She should have toned back some of the over-the-toop embellishment - like on the long dress with the octopus arms toward the hem. Although I don't like *her*, I think I liked her creations the most overall.

If they do a PR All Stars we'll probably see Edmond or Kelly competiting.

I'm going to give PR Junior a whirl. Some of those kids are more creative and driven then the contestants on this season's PR!

Honored Contributor

I forgot to watch it.  After finding out who won, well I'm glad I didn't see it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In 'People' magazine today, they announced Ashley being the first plus-size designer, etc.  It showed Ashley in a wrinkly demin shirt w/ an ill-fitting floral skirt.  Ah, um....it's bad.  Really bad. 

image.jpeg

Now, it's easy to say People chose a bad pic, but...if you're an On-Television, history-making, up & comer, why would you leave the house looking like that?   Much less making a production photo w/ that outfit.  If you can't dress yourself, how can you have the style/panache to design for someone else?  You could walk into any Lane Bryant today...or, heck, any Kohl's/Target & find prettier, better flattering & edgier plus-size designs than what we saw last night. 

If Project Runway is trying to be PC & make plus sizes acceptable, with the designs last night, even the big girls are going, "Ah, no thanks...no, really....no."

Used to be the designers were either a crazy out-there designer (Chris March) and/or impeccable seamstress/tailor (Christian).   I could even see the show going to the 'apartment, out-of-workroom' drama angle, but this latest season had none of those.

Just now, I re-watched the Season 4 finale with Christian/Rami/Jullian...it's laughable how the quality of the show has fallen.  Unfortunately, it'll be in production for many, many years due to the quality of sponsors & time-slot....all while limping to the finish line.   

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Just now, I re-watched the Season 4 finale with Christian/Rami/Jullian...it's laughable how the quality of the show has fallen.  Unfortunately, it'll be in production for many, many years due to the quality of sponsors & time-slot....all while limping to the finish line.   

@sidsmom, I have been looking to watch this season again . . . where did you find them or at least the finale please?

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom, I have been looking to watch this season again . . . where did you find them or at least the finale please?

I just watched the finale runway.

http://youtu.be/oDm1JEQE044

I found it via Google...just type, Project Runway Season 4 finale...Bravo MIGHT have full episodes in their website.  

Honored Contributor

sidsmom, thank you so much for this! . . . Bravo has buried prior years which is a shame after the show went to Lifetime but as usual I always forget to check YouTube . . . thank you again so much, I really appreciate it!

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree I thought Ashley's collection for plus size women was horrific. What plus size women would wear those clothes i.e. the tube tops??? Really. This was a poor choice and when she glued the flowers on the skirt and the see through top of the last fashion that was too much. This is not a designer---it is a want a be.

Trusted Contributor

Can't believe they picked that girl as winner! Are they blind! Not a thing looked good on any of her models, and since when do plus size people want to wear see-thru clothes?