Honored Contributor

Re: Products you find better and cheaper than QVC

[ Edited ]

QVC's clothing prices are not competitive at all---  I find better prices and quality at Dillards & Macy's..... And one QVC D&C top I purchased, the quality was so poor, even Walmart's clothing had  better quality....

Some of Valerie Parr Hill's products are pricey and similar and like items can be found cheaper at Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, Kirklands, At Home......And Valerie's quality has been hit or miss too.... But if she has something unique I might still take a chance....sometimes Im pleased, and sometimes I'm not....

BUT....

Jim Shore has some good deals at QVC.....

I used to LOVE QVC's kitchen gadgets but these products are few and far between---ITKWD for several years now is mostly already prepared food items and expensive small appliances...Smiley Sad 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops The Steinmart here closed last month, as did Pier One and several other stores. 
  My problem with QVC and HSN is wasting time finding what I want and then it's on wait list or sold out but still on the screen.
  Free shipping days some prices are more but items not available. 
  Lately several tops from QVC that were on sale have extremely long arms. I hope my granddaughter can wear  them. 

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers My preference for clothing is to shop locally always, but I stopped shopping this year even before the pandemic took over, so I have no idea what I'll confront when I decide to shop again.  

Fortunately, I have enough clothing that I can comfortably wait a long time until a safe vaccine mitigates the danger of Covid 19.

Honored Contributor

I don't shop here because I expect the lowest possible price.  I'm like the variety and the convenience.  I just want fair prices.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops  I agree I've been shopping in my closet! I walk the dog and she doesn't care what I wear! 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops I loved shopping at Stein Mart for my work attire, but within the past few years, the quality had gone down and the styles of their career clothes weren't my type.  I am, nevertheless, sad to see the store going out of business.

Honored Contributor

Why post this here? In community chat? Seems like you are unhappy with QVC. So shop elesewhere. Plenty of people enjoy QVC. 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

Funny you mention Steinmart.  Although we don't have them in my state, when we would go back home, I used to shop there almost every trip.  When I started buying more of my clothing from QVC, I thought they were much better quality than my Steinmart selections.  Using Susan Graver as an example, they launder better, stay new looking longer.  In fact, I think I have finally cleared my closet of my last Steinmart purchases because they just didn't hold up as well.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Gold jewelry.  Sarraf has some really nice pieces and Q's inventory is rather weak, if you're looking for substancial weights.  And the prices are hands down better there than here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, with brand and designer names.  I see a lot of competitive pricing.  

However, in my experience dollar store products aren't usually as good as brand names.