Trusted Contributor

Re: Products of Yesteryear

[ Edited ]

@lovesallanimals 

It looks like they no longer make the apple or pumpkin designs that we have. This is what the S & P set and the creamer/sugar containers look like (but with apple design). I forgot that I have the suger and creamer items too (until I looked in my cabinet, lol). They did not offer the napkin holder in the QVC set. 

Cream & Sugar Set, Salt & Pepper Shaker, & Napkin Holder in Desert Sand

They stilll make all of the applie items, but, again, they are not in the same colorway.design as we purchased.

You can see their items on their Clay in Motion website.

Honored Contributor

I really liked Sport Savy. I still wear some of their products. Miss the old days.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Riddex electronic pest repeller.

Bought mine from QVC Local in 1995. Both are still plugged in and flashing their little red lights!  Don’t know if they’re effective, but I’ve never had bugs or mice. Kinda like those deer whistles on the front bumper of our car. I’m often asked if they work. All I can say is we have yet to hit a deer.  😉

Honored Contributor
@mustang66lady The sweaters were from Gabriella T, from Italy I think it was and I still have mine.

Remember when Mackie had only scarves and the hosts kept wishing for Mackie clothes? I also remember when he sold other products such as trinket boxes and stationary that had his fashion sketches on them and also animals he had drawn.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Pearlee -I thought the vendor had an accent but couldn't remember positively or not-Italian, French, something else?  Do you remember what the technique for making those sweaters was called?   They really were very ladylike sweaters.  I never saw one in person but looked to be very well made.  I always regret not purchasing some back then.   Happy to read you still have yours!

Honored Contributor
@mustang66lady. Sorry I don't remember what the technique is called. Now that you know the brand name maybe you can find it by googlng.

Your impressions are spot on. The sweaters are well made and held up great. The colored florals are beautiful and remind me of impressionist paintings.
Respected Contributor

I remember many quality products and quick shipping.

Respected Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@lovesallanimals 

It looks like they no longer make the apple or pumpkin designs that we have. This is what the S & P set and the creamer/sugar containers look like (but with apple design). I forgot that I have the suger and creamer items too (until I looked in my cabinet, lol). They did not offer the napkin holder in the QVC set. 

Cream & Sugar Set, Salt & Pepper Shaker, & Napkin Holder in Desert Sand

They stilll make all of the applie items, but, again, they are not in the same colorway.design as we purchased.

You can see their items on their Clay in Motion website.

We have some very nice craft shows throughout the year, and this vendor has always had a booth in several of them. I had no idea they were part of the 50 in 50 tour. I have a few pieces and the quality is excellent.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Products of Yesteryear

[ Edited ]

The roll up boxes were called Roly Kits and were marketed by Joy Mangano.  She spent quite a few years at the Q before migrating to HSN.  Then LG took over with her own "inventions".