Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

What are some products of years gone by the QVC used to sell, but now no longer does?

The ugly & scary porcelain dolls.  HSC use to sell them to.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Along with the 50/50 shows,I loved the shows with Phyllis George featuring American made products. 

Does anyone remember the old guy who sold the Pig puppet? 

My basement is full of Boyds, Hermann, Deans, Steiff and Vermont Teddy Bear Co. bears, Bette Ball dolls and Peterboro baskets. Thankfully I bought most of this stuff at the QVC outlet stores. Other than some holiday themed items, I need to get rid of this stuff. 

Respected Contributor

FLYERSGIRL:  I used to wait with such anticipation for Phyliss George - I bought so many of her gorgeous pie and loaf pans.  The designs are so beautiful and the recipes for the pies were included.  I still have them and still use them.

Respected Contributor

I always loved many of the products that Linda Dano brought to the Q.    I purchased many of them and they still look good today.   

Trusted Contributor

I have a collection of Polish pottery.  Dan Wheeler used to host a lot of the shows.  Polish pottery is the kind of thing that either you love it or you hate it.  It has worn like iron.  Temptations can't hold a candle to the quality of Polish stoneware, but the price reflected it.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Riddex electronic pest repeller.

I still have my original Riddex in our outdoor shed.   It is still going strong after all of these years.

Respected Contributor

Peterboro baskets...the cute little guy making the baskets while they were selling them.

I bought a laundry basket that I love and still use.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

@lovesallanimals 

Do you have the APPLE set from Washington State? I think I have every piece she presented (the apple shaped baker,the loaf and pie pans, the spoon rest and utensil holder and salt &pepper shakers). I had a country/apple themed kitchen back then. Beautiful hand made items.

Respected Contributor

Re: Products of Yesteryear

[ Edited ]

Fenton Glassware, Tiffany Lamps, Sport Savy, Citikits, 

BIRKENSTOCKS!!!  Little Mismatched (socks)

Can’t remember the name but remember the plastic toolboxes and makeup organizers that rolled up? I think Laurie Grenier made those.

Discgear CC or DVD organizers.  Marie Osmond dolls. Madame Alexander dolls.

Honored Contributor
Polish pottery
Christopher Radko
Black Hills Gold jewelry