Esteemed Contributor

Products being offered with very poor reviews

I was about to order a tire pressure gauge which was being shown.  Great price, literally two for one.  It was to be a present for my hubby. I decided just to be sure  I checked it out to see how others liked it.  I really did not expect what I read. Only happy person was one who did not use it yet.  

You wouid think they would have addressed the problem since it was not a new item.  You would have thought they would have had a year to make it better. Not sure why the Q would sell something that is knowingly not benefiting the customer.  Most of the time reviews are very good  or  slightly mixed but this time it seems this item was a total disaster. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Products being offered with very poor reviews

@bonnielu 

Some of my most regretted purchases I've ever made at QVC were made before I read the reviews.  

What really disturbs me are the times QVC highlights a product and does not show the reviews.  Suddenly, the next day you will read all the poor reviews for the product.   

Honored Contributor

I do not order any product from anywhere without reading the reviews.

Respected Contributor

Two for one in this instance is getting rid of faulty products quickly. There must be a large percentance of people who will throw it away instead of paying the shipping to return it.

Contributor

They practically sold out of the TSV, Arctic Expedition coat and there is a forum from purchasers giving their opinion of the coat, however, there are no reviews available nor does it give you the opportunity to even post a review. There are many questions, but no reviews, which I find ridiculous, I received the coat and couldn't even post a review. BTW, the coat seems to have quite a few disgruntled buyers, myself included. 

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I do not order any product from anywhere without reading the reviews.

@kaydee50   It took me a couple of regrettable orders, but I've learned that lesson myself.  Never again. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu - Those pressure gauges are identical except for color to ones that are sold at places like Ace Hardware and other retailers (but the price for one is only a couple dollars cheaper than the Q's price for two).

They look awkward to me to use; one of the video demos showed a woman trying to check the tire pressure and she had it at an angle, which would be letting air out.  They have to be held flush against the tire valve.

The best pressure gauge I ever got is the one Sears sells.  It's a digital, programmable gauge and it costs about $26.99, but worth every penny.  I have two.  In fact, I accidentally left one on the bumper of my car once (at home) and it fell off into the driveway, where a UPS truck promptly ran over it!

I wasn't home and he threw it into the trees behind the house, but felt so guilty he returned later that day to tell me what he'd done.  (No idea whether he thought I might've caught him on camera.)  Not his fault, but I went straight out and bought another one.  They're years old now and still working perfectly.  I've replaced the batteries once in all that time.

We're not allowed to post an outside link, but if you google "Craftsman Programmable Digital Pressure Gauge" you can pull it up.

Honored Contributor

Thet seem to think buyers are stupid.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I think most of the merchandise is junk.

Trusted Contributor

I've learned the hard way to read reviews on every product before I purchase it regardless of where I purchase the item from.