Honored Contributor

We started;d getting a sharp change in our mail delivery.  It usually happens around this time.  Instead of getting mail at our usual time of 2:00PM, we started getting it at 4:00PM  then later to 6:00PM.  The mailman would come with a flashlight.  This started a year ago.  I assume it was because of increased traffic toward the holiday.  And it was. Afterward our returned to normal.  But this time, it has really gotten unusual. In addition to the late delivery, we stopped getting mail everyday.  We would get mail on Thursday, but not on Friday or Saturday.  We would get all the mail piled up on Monday.  So the past 3 weeks have been like this.  I get Informed Delivery from them.  And I know we have mail coming.  We didn't get mail yesterday and I don't know if we will get it today. (so far no)  So I have to match up the mail with the what we get to what was scheduled to be delivery.  So far, we have gotten all the mail.  But I really hate not getting mail everyday.  

Is anyone else getting a more unusual mail service?  I'm thinking it is happening because of the increased COVID19

Honored Contributor

Re: Problems with mail delivery

@songbird : Two years ago our normal delivery was between 10 and 10:30. Then 2:30. Now anywhere from 4 pm to 6:30. I also have the informed mail delivery. Had a package finally delivered yesterday but had been sitting at the post office since 11/7 but tried to blame it on UPS being late in the transfer of packages. The sellers delivery information was the same as the UPS information.🤷‍♀️😳

Trusted Contributor

@songbird   We have had the same if not worse problems in my area.  I also get informed delivery and noticed that lately I get the message that I have mail but they don't have an image of it.  The worst though is packages.  They may show up and may not or come weeks later. This is one of the reasons I hate when QVC has shipments handed over to USPS.

Honored Contributor

@songbird.  You should file a complaint with the USPS.  Your carrier could be doing something unauthorized.  Supervision wouldn't know unless it was reported.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

For some time we are only getting mail every other day. I don't get the magazines that I have ordered. Companies say they are sending the magazines out but the USPS idn't delivering them.  I've given up.

Honored Contributor

Our mail carrier didn't come yesterday.  That happens about once a week.

Our house is 5 houses from the end of the route. During holiday season, we can get mail up till 10 at night. 

"Normal" delivery is 6-7 PM. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@songbird   We have had the same if not worse problems in my area.  I also get informed delivery and noticed that lately I get the message that I have mail but they don't have an image of it.  The worst though is packages.  They may show up and may not or come weeks later. This is one of the reasons I hate when QVC has shipments handed over to USPS.

i agree.  The package would be delivered to main post office.  It would sit there for days, before being shipped to your zip code post office.  I hate that system.  So it's not QVC, it's the post office.  Sometimes it's QVC.  It would sit for days being "prepared" then it would ship to the tardy post office.  But on the whole it's the post office and QVC.  LOL.  I find it strange I'm defending QVC!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@songbird.  You should file a complaint with the USPS.  Your carrier could be doing something unauthorized.  Supervision wouldn't know unless it was reported.

The only time I reported it was when the mailman came (we heard him) coming to our house at 10:00PM.  I'm kind of scared to.  Because it might be, we simply didn't have any mail on a certain day. So I'm letting it go.  As long as I get all the mail, I'll feel better.  But since we didn't yesterday and day is still young 3:26M right now...I'll wait till tomorrow morning.  If it's not there, well I'll call the zip code (local) post office

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had issues was when our regular carrier was off on disability.  The subs wouldn't deliver unless there was first class mail.  If it was a junk only day we wouldn't get anything.

I signed up for the Informed Delivery at that time and miraculously the non-delivery stopped!  It was like they knew.

This past Saturday we had a sub and I guess once he got to our house he decided he didn't feel like delivering to the rest of the block on this side of the street and left it all in my box.

Well, it may not be very neighborly of me but I'm not doing their job and handed it back to him on Monday.  Next door is one thing, 7 houses is a no.

Honored Contributor

No, my service is as usual--great.

However, occasionally I do notice that when a substitute carrier is on duty I don't get mail or it comes very late.  My regular carrier is wonderful, but I know her days off and that's when any problems occur.  Right now the substitute seems to be very good because I haven't had any problems for quite a while.