Honored Contributor

I always sign out from the Q and anytime I come back I am still signed in.

No matter what I do, here I am.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Too many problems around here lately.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The opposite is happening to me.  I always used to stay logged in but now even though I never sign out, I have to sign in each time to either order or check orders and also have to sign in for the forums each time.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Problems Signing Out

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

I always sign out from the Q and anytime I come back I am still signed in.

No matter what I do, here I am.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Too many problems around here lately.

This has been going on for months. I sign out every time but am always signed in when I go back to forums the next day.

This is a security breach by QVC. I investigated fraud for 20 years of my career and it is one step closer to someone accessing my personal information.

Be sure you have a very different password on Q and other sites.

Respected Contributor

Just curious, and this is a general question for those who know more then me on the security subject and would care to answer. @CalminHeart, I'm tagging you since you mentioned your background in fraud. How often do your change your password here? Is it something we should do regularly and would it help with security? I have to assume the answer is yes but just wanted to know if others do this here on a regular basis. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

because my new year's resolution is to post during only one session each day, I have been signing out once I finish in the morning.  If I surf in later just to read, there I am still signed in.

what I have noticed is that once I sign out here, no matter if I am still signed in, I have to re-enter nic and password to check my account or shop.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

because my new year's resolution is to post during only one session each day, I have been signing out once I finish in the morning.  If I surf in later just to read, there I am still signed in.

what I have noticed is that once I sign out here, no matter if I am still signed in, I have to re-enter nic and password to check my account or shop.  

@millieshops   Same here.  Being signed into the forums doesn't automatically have me signed into my account for purchasing.

I have to sign in again to check my personal Q account or purchase something, etc.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I NEVER sign out but always have to sign in.  If my tablet isn't used for a couple of hours during the day, I have to sign in again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Some Posters complain that they prefer not to sign into the Forums every time.  I've never signed out after all these years but once in a while after about two days, I have to sign in.

Security breach? The Forums have nothing to do with your QVC account as far as I know.

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Just curious, and this is a general question for those who know more then me on the security subject and would care to answer. @CalminHeart, I'm tagging you since you mentioned your background in fraud. How often do your change your password here? Is it something we should do regularly and would it help with security? I have to assume the answer is yes but just wanted to know if others do this here on a regular basis. Thanks.

@pupwhipped  I've never changed my password.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Hi. I do several things.

I change my password on Q more often than other sites because of all the problems the last six months. The same problems happened on Q's regular website so I also have different passwords for forums and for shopping. 

I clear my history, cache, cookies every week. It means fewer places are tracking me. You'd be amazed how tracking piles up.

I also run a malware/scam programevery morning. It's set to automatically run so I don't have to do it myself.

I still get some spam but most are identified and show up in my junk folder. I check every morning, block them, and report them. I never read emails from senders I don't know. Never click on links in them. Heavens, I very rarely click on links from my bank or any "good" sender. I always go directly to the site and log in.

I do the same things on my tablet and phone.